Violation!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

phishn@daves

OK, we all do stupid stuff sometimes. well, not me but a "friend".

So, what does it take for someone to get a violation? Is it more a matter of a possible close call, or does it depend on the day?

Thanks

loss of seperation because of pilot error will normally result in a violation. be sure that your friend files a NASA report and he should ask your CP if the employer has the ASAP program. Both of those courses of action may prevent his license from being suspended. Remember that in the FAA's eyes you are guilty until proven innocent.

Asap

What is a ASAP program ? If there is a violation how long before you know they are looking into it ? I have made a mistake before and always sweat getting a registered letter in the mail although have never been asked to call the tower etc.

What is a ASAP program ? If there is a violation how long before you know they are looking into it ? I have made a mistake before and always sweat getting a registered letter in the mail although have never been asked to call the tower etc.

ASAP is something that is at some Part 121 carriers and similar to the NASA program.

loss of seperation because of pilot error will normally result in a violation. be sure that your friend files a NASA report and he should ask your CP if the employer has the ASAP program. Both of those courses of action may prevent his license from being suspended. Remember that in the FAA's eyes you are guilty until proven innocent.

What are you talking about?

Are you ATC? I was just asking what it actually took to get a violation. Like how far F'd up a situation has to be. Examples would be great type of thing.

I appreciate your NASA and ASAP bullsh!t but that isn't what I was asking.

And by the way, my "friend" thinks you need a sense of humor.

Tug driver did give an example. Loss of seperation results in a violation. If you busted your altitude, for example, at 3AM by 1000 feet in class E airspace, and noone is around you and there is no traffic conflict the chances are very high that you will not be violated. If, however, you bust that same altitude and there is traffic in the vicinity, you will be hearing from the FAA.

no, i am not ATC. things do not have to be extreme in order for the feds to come after you. in fact, you could have done nothing wrong and ATC could of screwed up and they will still come after you. its the damn 91.13 catch all reg.

i don't feel like giving my personal example but you can bet that the higher you are on the career ladder (ATP, Comm pilot, ect..) the harder the FAA will come down on you. They feel the need to set an "example" of your situation.

i guess i didnt understand you origional question. you are just looking for some kind of set parameters that warrants someone to be violated? I think it has to do more with what side of the bed the controller/Fed woke up on...

What are you talking about?

Are you ATC? I was just asking what it actually took to get a violation. Like how far F'd up a situation has to be. Examples would be great type of thing.

I appreciate your NASA and ASAP bullsh!t but that isn't what I was asking.

And by the way, my "friend" thinks you need a sense of humor.

You come here, you ask the question, you are the beggar. You ask, you were given. Don't snivel.

What does it take to get a violation? How about considering the meaning of the word? Violation...as in violation of the regulation. You violate the regulation, you may be the subject of enforcement action. Any regulation. Pick one. Violate it. See if you get caught. There's your answer.

Examples of violations? Too low. Too high. Too fast. Too slow. Too close. How close? That's subjective. Read 14 CFR 91.13...it's part of nearly every violation.

Are you trying to figure out what you can get away with?

One thing for sure, you don't want to get one. When you recieve the packet for the enforcement action the very first thing on top are the Elements of Evidence. You don't have to read very far to figure out that this is a legal action and that an aviation lawyer would be a good thing.

You come here, you ask the question, you are the beggar. You ask, you were given. Don't snivel.

What does it take to get a violation? How about considering the meaning of the word? Violation...as in violation of the regulation. You violate the regulation, you may be the subject of enforcement action. Any regulation. Pick one. Violate it. See if you get caught. There's your answer.

Examples of violations? Too low. Too high. Too fast. Too slow. Too close. How close? That's subjective. Read 14 CFR 91.13...it's part of nearly every violation.

Are you trying to figure out what you can get away with?

Hey Tugdriver,

I didn't mean to be rude to you and I apologize. Was arguing with the wife prior and it's like taking it out on the kids.

Thanks for the replies, I should have specified to begin with that I was just curious as to how sensitve some ATCers are to certain things.

Latest resources

Back