Violating an FAR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyboyPhil said:
Make sure its about something you did accidentally, or an oversight.. NOT "I had a NAV light out, but no one was around" That is intentionally breaking a FAR.
A)they don't want pilots who break FARS intentionally.
B)they certainly don't want pilots who admit to breaking FARS intentionally after the fact!

I doubt they would rather you ground an airplane, and have to ship someone in to fix a nav light either. I was told they are looking for commonsense, and it worked for me.

I never ever broke a reg.
Rafeal Palmero

User997 said:
he'll rapid-fire say "LAST 50 FEET - STERILE COCKPIT" and then sit up real straight and professional in his seat staring straight forward. It never gets old, and theres rarely been a time that I haven't crossed the threshold laughing at this ridiculous comment.
I fly with a guy who, on the takeoff roll calls out “V1, we’re goin’n, Rotate…” Every F#ck’n time! What a tool… Not sure why he fells the need to add stupid comments. I guess some guys just like to hear the sound of their own voices…

JetBlast and User,

I flew with a guy that just as you crossed the threshold would blurt out "Hey, that's not standard". After landing I asked him what that was about. He response was, "If you F something up, I just want that comment on the tapes to cover my ass." I thought it was pretty clever.

I'm sure some ASA people know who I am talking about. Great guy to fly with.

Stifler's Mom said:
JetBlast and User,

I flew with a guy that just as you crossed the threshold would blurt out "Hey, that's not standard". After landing I asked him what that was about. He response was, "If you F something up, I just want that comment on the tapes to cover my ass." I thought it was pretty clever.

I'm sure some ASA people know who I am talking about. Great guy to fly with.

Sounds like a SPORK! (a multi purpose Tool), the guy you fly with.

Anyone that will admit to owning a Skymaster knows those are airworthiness violations in progress.

And only one deity can meet 91.103.

Student pilots regularly, and with extreme predijuice, violate 91.13.

Ever had an illegible required placard? Or a missing compass card? Or a missing baggage door placard in one's single engine piston-popper days?

Ever fart in a two-pilot cockpit? 91.11

I wonder how many helicopters flying over LA area meet 91.119(a)?

I've always wondered why 91.123(e) exists. Do pilots generally say to themselves, "Gee, that other guy got routed halfway around the country, even though I'm not going there, I think I'll follow his clearance instead of mine."?

Have fun,
Jedi Nein

Latest resources

Back