• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

View the October 25, 2007 letter from the ASA MEC to all SkyWest Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jerry has a contract with the Skywest BOD, but he doesn't want his pilots to have contract...

That says it all! Skynation, why does Jerry have a contract? Why is so important for him and such a bad idea for you? I am so looking forward to your response. Will you duck and cover, spin, or face the facts? I'm guessing duck and cover AND spin, but we live in hope! Cheers to you Rez.:beer:

If this drive fails, don't be surprised if Skynation is on the organizing committee for the next one. It's amazing how many guys go from "union?! we don't need a union!" to "did you send in your card yet? Cause we need representation."

If this drive fails, don't be surprised if Skynation is on the organizing committee for the next one. It's amazing how many guys go from "union?! we don't need a union!" to "did you send in your card yet? Cause we need representation."

If this one fails, there won't be another one... at least not from ALPA.

really? tell that to these guys. Sounds like their QOL and work environment isn't so great. Also sounds like having ALPA around doesn't prevent these things from happening.

'We, the pilots of Air Wisconsin
, are deeply concerned about the direction of our company. While we were once the premier regional airline to fly for, that is no longer the case. The ALPA MEC has initiated a strategic campaign known as “Do I Have a Future Here” to put a spot light on our concerns. Recent developments, such as the rigid enforcement of an Attendance Policy that disciplines pilots who call in sick when they are actually sick, unilateral policy changes that have cost our pilots substantial amounts of pay, an exceedingly high grievance case load, and repeatedly denied requests for scheduling accommodations that would greatly enhance our quality of life have provided the impetus for this strategic campaign.
We want what every professional pilot deserves: a good place to work. In recent years Air Wisconsin has gone from arguably the best regional airline to work for, to one of the worst.'

http://www.doihaveafuturehere.org/

Skynation, when you quote things out of context, and paste them without discussion, it demonstrates a clear lack of understanding of the issues on your part, and further undermines your credibility.

Nothing is perfect, especially ALPA. You will always find a pilot group upset about something. But if you actually ask the pilots if they'd rather be nonunion or fight the issues they're fighting, they'll say they want union.

If this one fails, there won't be another one... at least not from ALPA.

I wouldn't say that. It will probably be a very long time before ALPA tries again, though. If the SkyWest pilots aren't smart enough this time to vote YES, then I hope you're prepared for many years of no representation, especially with an economic downturn about to hit.

I would guess ALPA would wait another 3 to 5 years before trying again and then I'm sure they would want to see a very strong return on the cards. They might try again sooner if the vote is really close. I'm sure during the 3 to 5 year wait there would be some type of in house attempt or maybe teamsters. There has been some type of union activity the whole time I've been at SkyWest. That's what is so dumb about voting it down. Guys who don't want it think this is the last drive they'll have to endure. It won't be.

Sky, I'm disappointed. Just duck and cover? No spin?:laugh:

I would guess ALPA would wait another 3 to 5 years before trying again and then I'm sure they would want to see a very strong return on the cards. They might try again sooner if the vote is really close. I'm sure during the 3 to 5 year wait there would be some type of in house attempt or maybe teamsters. There has been some type of union activity the whole time I've been at SkyWest. That's what is so dumb about voting it down. Guys who don't want it think this is the last drive they'll have to endure. It won't be.

Meanwhile, Jerry will know he has 3-5 years before he has to worry about being JUST NICE ENOUGH to keep the union away.

It's very simple, if you vote no, grab your ankles. BOHICA.

Latest resources

Back