• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

View the October 25, 2007 letter from the ASA MEC to all SkyWest Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Meanwhile, Jerry will know he has 3-5 years before he has to worry about being JUST NICE ENOUGH to keep the union away.

It's very simple, if you vote no, grab your ankles. BOHICA.

Exactly. Jerry and friends are following the Ford & Harrison playbook to the hilt. As soon as you vote down representation, Jerry knows that he has a free for all for a long time to come. Don't allow yourselves to be slaves to Jerry's whims. Take some control of your own career. Have a voice at the table. Vote YES!

Anybody who tries to use the "Do I Have A Future Here?" campaign as a sign of ALPA's flaws doesn't 1. have an understanding about what ALPA really does, 2. fails to realize informational campaigns pointing out the downside of employment puts pressure on management and hurts recruiting, 3. is a flamebaiting moran, or 4. all the above.

SkyNation, I respect your opinions and don't believe you are as ignorant about the process and power of collective bargaining as you repeatedly make yourself out to be. How long did you work at AWAC before leaving for Skywest, and what happened here to color your opinions?

I would guess ALPA would wait another 3 to 5 years before trying again and then I'm sure they would want to see a very strong return on the cards. They might try again sooner if the vote is really close. I'm sure during the 3 to 5 year wait there would be some type of in house attempt or maybe teamsters. There has been some type of union activity the whole time I've been at SkyWest. That's what is so dumb about voting it down. Guys who don't want it think this is the last drive they'll have to endure. It won't be.

After November 6, ALPA will move onto JetBlue, AirTran, Virgin America, Skybus, etc (in no particular oder) before they think about coming back to Skywest.

Anybody who tries to use the "Do I Have A Future Here?" campaign as a sign of ALPA's flaws doesn't 1. have an understanding about what ALPA really does, 2. fails to realize informational campaigns pointing out the downside of employment puts pressure on management and hurts recruiting, 3. is a flamebaiting moran, or 4. all the above.

Who would have believed it, but this seems to be fairly common..........................

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Moran&defid=1303800http://lonewacko.com/blog/archives/000472.html

Last edited:
SkyNation, I respect your opinions and don't believe you are as ignorant about the process and power of collective bargaining as you repeatedly make yourself out to be. How long did you work at AWAC before leaving for Skywest, and what happened here to color your opinions?

I worked there long enough to know that having ALPA doesn't necessarily prevent the deterioration of QOL that you and your fellow pilots are currently experiencing. folks here need to know that, since that is one the OCs main selling points.

No, I'm not a 'moran.' Anymore I make posts that mirror and mock the falsehoods that some folks here attribute to ALPA. these forums used to be a place where there were more thoughtful and worthwhile discussions. now I just come here mostly for entertainment (like passing by that yard that has that spastic little yappy dog that freaks out and barks uncontrollably at you when you stop in front of it, a la Jmoney), and to remind myself of the attitude that I don't want formalized at our airline.

Please all of you out there, take a minute and call the Skywest pilots you know and encourage them to vote.

Thank you for your support!

Vote all you want, but a regional will never be a career. Get what you can but move on!!
Fly safe-rum

I worked there long enough to know that having ALPA doesn't necessarily prevent the deterioration of QOL that you and your fellow pilots are currently experiencing. folks here need to know that, since that is one the OCs main selling points.

No, I'm not a 'moran.' Anymore I make posts that mirror and mock the falsehoods that some folks here attribute to ALPA. these forums used to be a place where there were more thoughtful and worthwhile discussions. now I just come here mostly for entertainment (like passing by that yard that has that spastic little yappy dog that freaks out and barks uncontrollably at you when you stop in front of it, a la Jmoney), and to remind myself of the attitude that I don't want formalized at our airline.

I bet it would have been MUCH worse if ALPA wasn't there. Let me put it this way, what could you do about the deterioration of your QOL if Ornstein was CEO of Skywest?

By the way, point to ONE falsehood that I have "attributed to ALPA?"

Vote all you want, but a regional will never be a career. Get what you can but move on!!
Fly safe-rum

That's a nice sentiment. What about the people who would like to make Skywest a career?

And in any case, why not make the place you work for 3 years a better place to work while you are there?

I bet it would have been MUCH worse if ALPA wasn't there. Let me put it this way, what could you do about the deterioration of your QOL if Ornstein was CEO of Skywest?

By the way, point to ONE falsehood that I have "attributed to ALPA?"

I didn't mean you.

fear tactics are the worst way to sell this. The fear angle of 'what if' is not playing well, and if you're helping the OC, I'd mention that constantly going to the fear card is hurting you guys.

Latest resources

Back