Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flya380

Hi,

Does anybody have any info about the Vietnam Airlines A320 contract posted through ParcAviation. What 's the package like for Fos or Capts?

Thanks

I hear Parc offers a little bit better contract but here is some info on a Vietnam Airlines contract though Rishworth:

Captains -

Base Pay = 7,900
Accomodation = 1500
Per Diem = 1200

Total pay = $10,600/month (after Vietman taxes)

6 weeks on/2 weeks off
Travel on Vietnam Airlines Network. Off line you are responsible.

FOs-

Base Pay = 5100
Accomodation = 1500
Per Diem = 1200

Total Pay = 7800/month

All the rest is the same.

I've also heard Parc is a bit better. I think better health insurance and tickets back to your home town after you're done with the contract. The money is the same for both. Rumors are going around of another pay raise. 6/2, 5/3, and 4/4 roster patterns available.

6/2, 5/3, and 4/4 roster patterns available.

Do the different roster patterns pay differently? If so, how much & how's it calculated? By "available" does that mean it's available in the bid package, so based on seniority.

The 5/3 and 4/4 patterns are pro rated so you get less money. I believe you can bid for it regardless of seniority. From what I hear they are desperate for pilots and are trying to come up with new ways to attract more people.

This may seem like a dumb question, but for contract flying, do you get paid while you are off? For the 4/4 and 5/3 roster patterns, do you get paid for the 4 and 3 weeks while you are off?

No dumb question, the base contract is 6/2 or 273 days commitment (many of these are scheduled days off or stby) for $127,200.00 net per year. Other schedules are just pro rated from that, about $465.00 per day.

Thanks for clearing that up. I think I understand it a little better now.
How much would one spend for accomodations per month? What about sharing an apartment or house?

You can get a small single apartment for about $500 or share a nice house for $400.00, a decent house starts at $900.00 plus utilities.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back