Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Okay, for years and years whenever you first called Clearance, Ground, or Approach and you gave the ATIS that you had it was heard by the controller and we moved on.

Foe the last year or so it seems that has changed. For example, I had a few trips in one day last week where every single controller asked me to confirm the ATIS right after I called with the current ATIS (by name, Charlie, let's say)

Me: 'XX Approach, N12345 11 thousand, Charlie'
Approach: 'N12345, descend and maintain 6000 verify information Charlie.'

Ugh.

The guy I was flying with has noticed it too. What has changed where I have to give the ATIS twice every time?

Last edited:
I even try to make it perfectly clear... "Spot 6, taxi, I Have Information Alpha. "

Controller: "Taxi 18 Center, verify information Alpha."

Why bother..

Freaking pay attention. Really.

I think many times they are HEARING what you're saying, but they're not LISTENING to what you're really saying and they're glossing over the part about the ATIS.

I think many times they are HEARING what you're saying, but they're not LISTENING to what you're really saying and they're glossing over the part about the ATIS.

Your husband must be an air traffic controller.

I've noticed a bit of an increase of this lately as well...both on the approach side & on the ground/clc del/metering side.
I remember a female controller in MSP used to say "thank you for alpha, taxi via b,f,..." ..I really liked that technique..lets you know she actually listened to what you said. Unfortunately she must have that copyrighted.

Then don't check in with the current ATIS, just wait til they ask.. this way you won't have to say it twice.

You missed the point.

Then don't check in with the current ATIS, just wait til they ask.. this way you won't have to say it twice.

How about the people I pay pay attention & DO THEIR FREAKING JOBS!

That must be too much to ask these days.

How about the people I pay pay attention & DO THEIR FREAKING JOBS!

That must be too much to ask these days.
Hahahaha, calm down Mr regional pilot extraordinare. I got your point, BUT the sarcasm obviously flew right over head. I find people like you that get your panties in a wad over nothing quite amusing. Relax a bit, you'll live longer.

Latest resources

Back