• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Various Continental Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much do you pay for health insurance at Continental for a family of 4?

At Airtran I now pay $500/mo for my family and if they increase that amount by 15%/yr the contract allows I will be paying over $700/mo by 2010. At some point in the next 5 years it will be cheaper to find my own health insurance.

How much do you pay for health insurance at Continental for a family of 4?

At Airtran I now pay $500/mo for my family and if they increase that amount by 15%/yr the contract allows I will be paying over $700/mo by 2010. At some point in the next 5 years it will be cheaper to find my own health insurance.

I pay $240/month minus a $80 dollare credit because my wife and I don't smoke.

It is 100% coverage PPO with Blue Cross Blue Shield $15 copay for Family Doctor and $50 dollar specilists Copay.

Are you two actually going to fight over that gay horse boy? Use that little simple IGNORE button up top. It's not too hard.

Why not battle about gay congress-fags in the can!

It's Dead Milkmen you nerds.

And I thought it was a brilliant response to the CAL boys.

Look, anyone that goes for the 2 year upgrade is STUPID!! You'll upgrade on your 2nd year and die your 3rd. That's why it's SO JUNIOR!!! But whatever, go for it so I can move up.

10 years to break even? I think you just stuck one thumb up your arse and used the other thumb to test which direction the wind was going and said...."yep, sounds like 10 years". What kind of bs statement is that?

Stupid, eh?

Let's see, I fly 95-100 hrs per month for the last 5 months (I don't pick up anything, just trade). I haven't had the contractural 12 days off in 4 months (training of some sort every month!). Tell me again how my life is going to be much worse by flying CA than it is now? The only other option to me was to bid the TRIPLE, which I did, to get 18 days off per month. Unfortunately, I put my bid in at 80% for the 777. Initially the snap shot showed I'd easily hold it at that. But when the bid came out my percentage dropped to 85 so I wasn't even able to hold 777 where I wanted. A lot of guys changed their bid to 777 FO at the last minute. Even if I made it over there I would barely hold a line. But I'm not upset at all by getting 73 CA.

Unless you're inside 40% on any subbase as an FO at CAL, you're getting killed by PBS. Might as well get paid to get brutalized by flying as PIC until PBS gets the axe (which it eventually will).

Flying on reserve when we upgrade will be no different for us than for the guys who have been flying on rsv this past summer... brutal. They have been putting up with it for a year. We will have to do the same until we gain seniority. That's the game we're all in. No surprise there.

But I guess I'm just stupid, eh Genius?

No, I'm not saying you're stupid. Just difference of opinon. You have a valid point.....relax.

Latest resources

Back