• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vacations CX @ Mesa!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyWest is in the middle of a union vote, so it would be interesting to find out how ALPA will handle this situation. Mesa is illegally canceling vacations. What will be ALPA's response?

After reading all this... If mesa pilots were concerned about other airlines encroaching upon their suckness.. rest easy.

"At least we're not Mesa..." still has plenty of ring to it.

Now that is funny...................:laugh:

SkyWest is in the middle of a union vote, so it would be interesting to find out how ALPA will handle this situation. Mesa is illegally canceling vacations. What will be ALPA's response?

If it's a contract violation, then I'm sure that ALPA's response will be to file a grievance. You know, that process that Skywest pilots don't have? It will take a year or so to get a resolution, but in the end, the company will probably be forced to give extra compensatory vacation to the pilots. It's nice to have a grievance process.

Maybe, you havent been around long enough, but SkyWest has cancelled vacations (or at least told the pilots they wouldn't be allowed to take them for the entire first quarter of the year). SAPA couldn't do anything.

Maybe, you havent been around long enough, but SkyWest has cancelled vacations (or at least told the pilots they wouldn't be allowed to take them for the entire first quarter of the year). SAPA couldn't do anything.

I rest my case.

I understand that... My question is; What will ALPA do about it? If they do nothing, then they have no more power than SAPA. My point is ALPA SHOULD have the power to do something. If they don't do something about it, I would be livid and be concerned where my $$ was going.

Mesa's contract allows them to cancel vacation

"once scheduled, vacation may be canceled by the company only as the needs of the service require,"

Page 21. H 1 of the contract

I guess attrition and pilots timing out is a good enough reason.

So ALPA and the pilots can't do anything other than call in for a sickation

docs note in hand!

Your MEC is only as good as the people who hold the positions. If you elect morons from a poole of morons then you will have a moron MEC. Then when the moron MEC sends a sh@$ contract to the moron masses it passes. Elect good people and you get some very nice ammo in your corner. I would just like to know who negotiated for Mesa's sleeping boards I've heard so much about. Did they balk at 1/2 inch plywood and hold out for 3/4?

Latest resources

Back