• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vacations CX @ Mesa!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So another friend who is on vacation in Florida today received a call telling him that he needs to come back to work immediately.
For everyone who is losing their vacations they are paying them double time for the work that they do during their vacations.

Is it really double time, or are they just letting you cash in the vacation time you would have used along with paying you for the trip?

Scott

Well scott, never thought of it that way, but yes I would guess that is what they are doing.

tell them not to worry, their union will protect them from this and other bad things that could happen to them.

tell them not to worry, their union will protect them from this and other bad things that could happen to them.
Well I am sure they will do what they can, which in this case may not matter as Mesa will most likely only be around for a few more months.

Well I am sure they will do what they can, which in this case may not matter as Mesa will most likely only be around for a few more months.

I don't know. I can't imagine who could take on all the flying, since no one can fill classes.

I don't know. I can't imagine who could take on all the flying, since no one can fill classes.
The problem is that it does not matter if anyone can take on the flying. Mesa is about done, they can not physically do anymore flying. SKW at ORD has been picking up a lot of it over the last few months but they are at their limit in ORD and have said that they will not be able to do anymore of what Mesa is giving up.

SkyNation:

The union? How is the union supposed to make management staff the airline properly? Are they supposed to start running their own interviews?

Last edited:

You're right!! If JO was at the helm of Skywest, it would be the most awsomest place to work!! Like SWA times 30!! Because you don't have a union. Right?

Unions exist because of that jacka$$!! I know it is hard to comprehend...it's hard for me, but Mesa would be worse off with out one.

You're lucky to have good management. So is SWA, however, they still have a union. Every major airline that you want to go to has a union, don't they?

Just be thankful that you don't have JO over there. Vote in a union before a student of his becomes your next CEO.

All your vacations are belong to us!!!!

~J.O. Mesa Airlines

Latest resources

Back