V.A. call back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yikes.

If you substitute "Virgin America" with "FedEx"....I could see it. First year at FedEx ($61/hr) coupled with maybe living overseas would be tough. But the payoff is there within a year ($144/hr...more than any VA Captain...and most B6 Captains).

Otherwise....yikes.

You must always put ones reasoning into context. Am I better off where I am right now at a poorly run regional while I was screwed on my seniority during a SLI process because of a lack of a fair SLI process. The thought that in a few more years there will be a rebid of about 150 CRj's by Delta with a serious lack of a positive outlook I think I will take my chances with a NAtional airline that is poised to puck up the slack where the majors are lacking off. Yes I know pay is an issue-trust me I know this.

Oh and yes I would love to work for UPS or FEDex, but I know UPS has pilots on the street and FEdEx has too many hurdles for me to jump through I am not sure I can get an interview. (I saw their run up on who they want to hire) Apparently it is not me

You must always put ones reasoning into context. Am I better off where I am right now at a poorly run regional while I was screwed on my seniority during a SLI process because of a lack of a fair SLI process. The thought that in a few more years there will be a rebid of about 150 CRj's by Delta with a serious lack of a positive outlook I think I will take my chances with a NAtional airline that is poised to puck up the slack where the majors are lacking off. Yes I know pay is an issue-trust me I know this.

Agreed. Regionals blow and options are almost nonexistent. My worst day at B6 is better than the best at CHQ. Here's to more options once the 65-ers get the f&$@ out.

Good luck.

Also, VA seems to have a track record of offering a class date of 2 weeks to the day from employment offer..so have your resignation letter typed and ready to send/drop off (if you care to give your current employer a 2 week notice). Not sure if this is intentional on VA's part (and if so..why?!) ..but seems to be standard practice.

Finally, most importantly, good luck to you.

Actually better than Hawaiian offers. I've had friends that were notified on Friday and in class on Monday.....

Also, HAL likes to call on a Monday for a Wed interview like your just sitting by the phone for years waiting for their call.
LUV

Dam I would take that call and go to the interview no matter what. If I am suppose to work on that day I would just say there is no option about me getting a LOA to let me go. Otherwise they can just pre schedule my appointment with the chief pilot for when I get back to discuss my no show. The key being is that you should not lie about why you need the time off-that will hurt you more in the end. But since no one is calling me, I will just go back to being on reserve at Pinnacle.... :(

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back