• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uvsc Aviation.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My reply to another thread about UVSC...

I chose UVSC after considering ERAU and being scared away once a price was mentioned. UVSC honestly has a great aviation program; you could say it very much resembles ERAU without the price. After completing all but my last year in the Bachelors degree program, I decided to move somewhere that would allow for more flight time as a CFI. I’m now taking online courses.

The general education courses are done all online except exams, which are done with a proctor; while the aviation courses (most of them), are done simply online. There is plenty of help if you need it, the prices are right, the college is fully accredited; I say it's a great program. The online courses are as user-friendly as I think they could be. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that explains challenging credit for certs. http://uvscaviation.com/_app/challenge.php

Fly safe,
TA

Last edited:
I have a few qualms with UVSC's aviation program. They're known for their stupid antics in the pattern throughout Utah and, from what I've heard on the radio, they're very unprofessional. A few years ago three of their instructors were in an accident. It was later found that they'd been inflating their logged time. Plus they fly around those stupid Katana's. Give it some thought before jumping in...

Mogus said:
I have a few qualms with UVSC's aviation program. They're known for their stupid antics in the pattern throughout Utah and, from what I've heard on the radio, they're very unprofessional. A few years ago three of their instructors were in an accident. It was later found that they'd been inflating their logged time. Plus they fly around those stupid Katana's. Give it some thought before jumping in...
I heard Provo is the busiest uncontrolled airport in the US.
:eek:
After five lessons I moved to a local FBO for flight training and just attended class.

You don't have to fly there to get your degree from there, although any FBO has to be accredited. I got my AS from a local tech college / flight school, and am attending graduation next week for my BS degree.

I think it is a great program, but they need to work a little better at keeping the DE students involved and interacting with the instructors.

It is well worth the money to finish the BS degree.

-BeefCaKe

Stupid Katana?:eek:

They seemed pretty smart when I flew them. The Cherokees weren't to quick though...

Here at SkyWest there are quite a few UVSC instructors that have been hired on. seems to be a good school from word of mouth

Dumb Katanas?

Mogus,
Have you ever flown a Katana? I learned to fly at Provo airport at High Country Aviation and Alpine Aviation and I constantly heard people bash Katanas. Back home in Virginia I instructed in Cessnas, Pipers, and Katanas. I loved teaching in the Katanas. They are a great airplane. I don't know a whole lot about UVSC's program since they were in their infancy when I started learning to fly, but bashing the Katana because for some reason you have a chip on your shoulder with UVSC is dumb. Go rent one and tell us afterward how you like the airplane.

From my understanding UVSC will give you credit for your certificates, up to 30 credits. I'm Looking to hear from people that have completed UVSC's associates program.
How long did it take you to complete the AS program?

Latest resources

Back