• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uvsc Aviation.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flown with quite a few ex-UVSC instructors and pilots who went through the program. They have been very decent pilots and I have not heard anything awful or bad about the program. Stick around long enough and just about every flight school and just about every airline will have some bad incidents, etc.

ADG

tathepilot said:
From my understanding UVSC will give you credit for your certificates, up to 30 credits. I'm Looking to hear from people that have completed UVSC's associates program.
How long did it take you to complete the AS program?
Well if you're going for the Associates then you can only challenge 16 credits which are lower division courses (IE aviation courses), these are the AVSC courses from 1010 - 2510.

I managed to get all credits for the Associates in 1 year with summer school full time all the way though. I just chose to only get the BS. Try calling UVSC aviation science department at 888-901-7192. They will explain all you want to know in a matter of minutes.

Fly safe,
TA

Looking to get UVSC Aviation Sciences degree

Folks,

I am zeroing in finally on obtaining a degree. I have no college at all. Time is of the essense and to a lesser degree low cost. I honestly am just looking to check the accredited 4 yr degree box. I am a Capt in the CRJ and hope to get through the online Aviation Degree ASAP, obtaining credit for training to this point and CLEPS as much as possible.

All comments, advice, experiences and observations are desired.

Space

Last edited:
Space Cowboy said:
Folks,

I am zeroing in finally on obtaining a degree. I have no college at all. Time is of the essense and to a lesser degree low cost. I honestly am just looking to check the accredited 4 yr degree box. I am a Capt in the CRJ and hope to get through the online Aviation Degree ASAP, obtaining credit for training to this point and CLEPS as much as possible.

All comments, advice, experiences and observations are desired.

Space
I'm doing the online degree program starting in the fall. To save money, I'm getting all the core classes out of the way at my local community college. This helps lower your over all debt. So far I have had no problems except for Financial Aid responses...I understand it's a busy time for them though. Just curious cowboy, how did you get a job without any degree? Good luck, I might be interacting with you in the online class! Logan

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
I heard Provo is the busiest uncontrolled airport in the US.

The Feds told me that Provo is getting a tower -- at last. It has just been an accident waiting to happen.

I was happy with the UVSC program. It takes some serious motivation to take online classes though. Most of the classes there are completely self paced. The price has been going through the roof though. I started at 90/unit in 2002 and finished at 130/unit last spring.

logansun said:
Just curious cowboy, how did you get a job without any degree? Good luck, I might be interacting with you in the online class! Logan

My first job was at Eagle, and I would say the two big things were that I did all my training at Comair Academy and the other that the need for pilots was so great pre - 9/11. I would say that I was extremely well prepared for the interview however, and also I had interviewed elsewhere and gotten practice. Also, my logbooks were head and shoulders above the rest in term of neatness and no errors. I used a computer program for page and other totals, I did no math on a calculator.

Latest resources

Back