• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USNA vs USAFA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hornet and Tomcat guys get the thrill of a carrier ops, breaking the sound barrier, flying cool-looking airplanes. P-3 guys have to suck it up with $30 - $90/day per diem, nice CBQ rooms (usually) and deciding which bar to go to after the mission. It's just not fair. I'd say P-3 pilots are probably the best paid pilots in the Navy.

Did you just say a nice Q room for the navy? LOL - what is that...a shanty with a 50 year old taiwanese hooker? I've quickly learned that a "nice room" in the navy vs. a "nice room" in the air force are very different animals.

Did you just say a nice Q room for the navy? LOL - what is that...a shanty with a 50 year old taiwanese hooker? I've quickly learned that a "nice room" in the navy vs. a "nice room" in the air force are very different animals.

The nice thing about the Zoomies is that they are humble as well.

Gotta keep it in perspective. It beats an 8 x 8 stateroom with a couple other dudes.

Just keep telling yourself... if given the chance I know I could CQ too....

I was watching a Seattle Seahawks game, and one of the starting Seahawk defenders was a Zoomie. I didn't catch his name, but it's always cool seeing service academy guys playing professionally.

Bryce Fisher. Defensive Tackle. Class of 99 I think.

Last edited:
Bryce Fisher. Defensive Tackle. Class of 99 I think.

Who did some good things for the AF by serving in the Washington ANG, going to Iraq or Afghanistan and meeting the troops, and serving as a poster boy for good values. Then fuc*ed it all up by being charged with domestic violence after hitting his wife while trying to keep his cell phone (with his girlfriend on the line) away from her. Just goes to show you that as soon as you put someone on a pedastal, they'll let you down.

Chad Hennings. '87 Outland Trophy. 3 Super Bowls, Dallas Cowboys. Hog Driver, pizza eater, 27-year-old NFL Rookie. College Football Hall of Fame, 2006. ???'s
All around great guy!!!

They need to be... can't look cool in the break with the 4 fans of freedom! :)

If by "they" you mean Herks... then you're still wrong. Don't know who's teaching history to the kids these days.

P3s don't get enough $$ for gas to run all 4 engines at the same time, do they? Silly Navy...

Latest resources

Back