• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Use GI Bill for type rating?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanx. I was planning on getting the ATP 'free' with an upgrade in the RJ.... But after going on 'MIL Leave' 1.5 years ago, I guess I'll just pay my fee to All ATP's.

Sorry for the thread-jack....
Does anyone know if Sheppard Air still gives flight training and ride or just the ATP written prep?

I'd rather support the Sheppard guys if they are Military folks.

Id also like to know about post 911 GI bill will cover Types or not..my hunch from research says probably not? I hope this isn't the case. Still planning to get the 737 type eventually.

Id also like to know about post 911 GI bill will cover Types or not..my hunch from research says probably not? I hope this isn't the case. Still planning to get the 737 type eventually.

I believe that Post 9/11 GI Bill will only pay for courses taken at a degree granting university. (i.e. it will NOT pay for a type rating, or other vocational courses)

Talk to your education Rep. I believe the post9/11 bill does not replace the current GI Bill but is in addition to. I used the Reserve GI Bill for a 737 Type (about 1500 out of pocket at higher power) and am eligible for the post 9/11 Gi Bill as Well. The Transferability of the thing with four more years of service may be the greatest benefit to come around in a while.

Latest resources

Back