Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flex-ible

JAFO
Anyone out there use their Pre 9/11 GI Bill to get a type rating? I've got some money leftover in that program, and am thinking of ways to make myself more marketable. Seems like a CE500 type might be a good thing.

Looking for suggestions as to schools, any problems you encountered, etc.

Anyone out there use their Pre 9/11 GI Bill to get a type rating? I've got some money leftover in that program, and am thinking of ways to make myself more marketable. Seems like a CE500 type might be a good thing.

Looking for suggestions as to schools, any problems you encountered, etc.

As long as you go to a VA approved school then your Pre 9/11 GI Bill will pay for 60% of the cost of the course. All I had to do is fill out the paperwork and the VA coordinator where I get my type did the rest. I took about 6-8 weeks after I completed the training to get my money from the VA.

As long as you go to a VA approved school then your Pre 9/11 GI Bill will pay for 60% of the cost of the course. All I had to do is fill out the paperwork and the VA coordinator where I get my type did the rest. I took about 6-8 weeks after I completed the training to get my money from the VA.

Where did you do your training? Would you recommend them?

Thanks

I got a CE-500 type using the GI Bill. I did it at flight crew systems in San Diego. Flightcrewsystems.com. I highly recommend them.

I used my Montgomery GIB for my 737 type back in 03. I now qualify for the post 9/11 GIB which I understand does not cover any type rating training unless it's part of an accredited college degree program.

Since I had MGIB and am now part of the post 9/11 GIB, anyone know if I can still use my MGIB benefits for a type rating?

Yes, I am too lazy to do my own research.

I got a CE-500 type using the GI Bill. I did it at flight crew systems in San Diego. Flightcrewsystems.com. I highly recommend them.

What's a ball park range of the out of pocket? I searched their website and saw no figures.

I was thinking of using the GI Bill for my ATP. I wonder if I could throw a type on at the same time.

Is there anywhere I can use the GI Bill to get a DC-3 (or any other cool AC) type rating?

What's a ball park range of the out of pocket? I searched their website and saw no figures.

I was thinking of using the GI Bill for my ATP. I wonder if I could throw a type on at the same time.
It was $11,200. VA paid 60%. 7.5 hours in the plane and ground school was a week long. That was in 2002, so I'm sure that price isn't accurate anymore.

Latest resources

Back