• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA wins appeal!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One man's opinion? He was the founder of USAPA. Without his effort, USAPA would not exist.

Since you are the one that said that we should consider a DOH list with USAPA's wonderful C&R's, I want you to explain how they protect west pilots.

Yes Guppie, it's one man's opinion. He was just one of USAPA's founders. And, wrong, without his effort, USAPA would exist. His effort was valuable, and he did a lot of research, but that work certainly would have been completed by someone else. You are spewing rhetoric. Why do you bother with this?

For your second point, you might want me to spend my time in any number of ways, but, well, I only have so much time, so, if you're so sure that the C&R's are such a bad rap for you, go ahead and post them, read them, have them tattooed on your arse, I don't care. Better yet, call your reps and tell them to read them to you. Since the 9th Circuit has said that any contract with the Nic is "un-ratifiable," it probably behooves you to become familiar with what protections are in the C&R's.

Later....

Lear70,

That's fantastic news. I applaud your proactive stance on this. As blue collar laborers, we should protect the definition of that word and not let it creep toward a meaningless, catch-all for people who just want to spout off at others they don't agree with.

Thank you.

You want to use the majority to change the rules to your benefit, to the full detriment of another pilot at a carrier you never worked at before. No wonder you have problem with the word, the guilty always complain when identified. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes Guppie, it's one man's opinion. He was just one of USAPA's founders. And, wrong, without his effort, USAPA would exist. His effort was valuable, and he did a lot of research, but that work certainly would have been completed by someone else. You are spewing rhetoric. Why do you bother with this?

For your second point, you might want me to spend my time in any number of ways, but, well, I only have so much time, so, if you're so sure that the C&R's are such a bad rap for you, go ahead and post them, read them, have them tattooed on your arse, I don't care. Better yet, call your reps and tell them to read them to you. Since the 9th Circuit has said that any contract with the Nic is "un-ratifiable," it probably behooves you to become familiar with what protections are in the C&R's.

Later....

I bother with this, because you keep claiming that USAPA was NOT formed to circumvent the Nic....you are wrong and there is proof of that.

Are you really that stupid? Did you read the 9th's ruling?

Also, how well versed on the C&R's are you guys? I haven't looked at them in a while, but I remember being impressed with how many situations they covered to protect west pilots from east invasion of their bases...well, base....while allowing movement as positions open up. I know that a hell of a lot of work went into making sure everyone's interests were considered, within the frame work of when you were hired.

Last guy I flew with said he was on a west JS and the crew actually agreed with him that in many cases, like wanting to retain a PHX base, you guys were better off with the C&R's than with Nic.

You are the one that posted this, right? Back up your BS....explain to me how these C&R's benefit the west.

Talk about Flight Mis-Info...do you really believe what you typed in that last sentence?

I've got two words for you...get help.

Lear70,

That's fantastic news. I applaud your proactive stance on this. As blue collar laborers, we should protect the definition of that word and not let it creep toward a meaningless, catch-all for people who just want to spout off at others they don't agree with.

Thank you.

Finally something I can agree with BeCareful on.
Besides by definition, scabs usually take your job while you are on strike. US Airways wasn't on strike, just on the verge of extinction!

You want to use the majority to change the rules to your benefit, to the full detriment of another pilot at a carrier you never worked at before. No wonder you have problem with the word, the guilty always complain when identified. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

What word are you speaking of?

Scab? No, I have no problem whatsoever with that word. I've applied it to those who have earned that distinction many times over the years. The only problem I have is with the childish misapplication of the word, which West pilots seem prone to doing. I've heard it many times over a long career, sometimes properly asserted, and sometimes misapplied as you are prone to doing. You weaken the labor movement when you do this, but I'm convinced you don't care at all. It's all about you and your windfall. There are those of us who still care about the profession. We will fight ALPA, its inane arbitration (which didn't abide by its own policy), and any rookie who applies the word "scab" inaccurately. I applaud the FI.com moderators for finally saying "enough is enough." You boys have had your fun with this. But a scab is a scab, and none of their characteristics apply to the completely legal, NMB sanctioned actions of your union.

Pay your g'damn dues, talk to your reps, vote, get involved. Or, sit there and spew rhetoric. Your choice.

BC

Corngradualtions - Phoenix

I promise not to uze profanity, but sumtimes I has been known to cuss a bit....

Corngraulations is in order for Phoenix because they just passed 1000 members in good standing in USAPA. It has took a long time and there has been some feudin but now they have the numbers to have three (3) Reps.

I believe that the President will appoint a temporary Rep while nominations and elections are held for a permanent Rep.

I am waiting for the opening of the CDD base. That's the "Confederate Dixie Domicile". With the closin of Boston and New York there are too many Yankees in Charlotte.

Cletus

Ok WOW, a West pilot spewing about integrity in ones career. Uhmmm..excuse me, but EXACTLY WHERE AND AT WHAT LEVEL was the West pilots contract at through the years???? Did the west pilots continually raise the bar to help the profession to new levels of work rules and pay rates????

Did the west pilots strive and able to attain at any point in their career top of industry pay rates??? and work rules????

At ANY TIME IN THE HISTORY of the West were they able to attain this????????

Or did they simply get on with any passenger carrier they could, agreeing to work at substandard wages and work rules, happy to be flying something with a jet engine on it??? Or happy to have a job after 9/11??? Any pay check will do???

Or do I have amnesia and have forgotten how the West pilots were the cream de la cream and the envy of every other airline out there?????

No I think it was partially the America West that helped LOWER the bar to the wage levels we currently see the industry at. How else would you be at your HIGHEST pay rates ever. And have the best work rules you currently have????

YOU rode the backs of every other pilot out there, and sat on their shoulders, pulling THEM down to your level. Don't give me crap about integrity or how great of a career you were destined for. (Though I guess If I started at San Jose CC and continued to Mesa to Mesa Grande I too would think of the West as an upgrade)

Anyways.... It's sort of like you guys wanting to jump in line and fly those wide bodies to destinations you never dreamed of flying to. At pay rates your airline would never see in your career. Hey I'm sure you were planning on going to a real airline after the industry recovered from 9/11....but here we are.

Lets see - West Coast guys make more than the east coast guys. America West was making money, US Air was not. America West bought US Air. Really if you want to point fingers, why dont you point them at Doug Parker? I have friends on both sides. Its the few inmature guys that get crap started.

Where do you think you would be working right now, if America West did not buy you?

PS - your wide body Airbus are falling apart. And I dont know any West Coast guys that have an interest in flying them or moving to the east coast. Do you think WN has been lowering the bar? It was not too long ago, when their pay was not at the top. What about Frontier, Spirit, or Airtran?

Lets see - West Coast guys make more than the east coast guys. America West was making money, US Air was not. America West bought US Air. Really if you want to point fingers, why dont you point them at Doug Parker? I have friends on both sides. Its the few inmature guys that get crap started.

Where do you think you would be working right now, if America West did not buy you?

PS - your wide body Airbus are falling apart. And I dont know any West Coast guys that have an interest in flying them or moving to the east coast. Do you think WN has been lowering the bar? It was not too long ago, when their pay was not at the top. What about Frontier, Spirit, or Airtran?

Oh, well I guess you showed him, haha.

As you said: Let's see - In the big picture, west only makes a little bit more than east. East used to make much higher wages.

And let's see - Who destroyed the east payscales? ALPA did. ALPA at US Air was inane and needed to go. ALPA at AWA was only slightly less inane, but they did get a contract at a difficult time in the industry, so good on them.

However, AWA did NOT buy US Airways. That's just stupid, and everyone knows it. You have any documentation of that?

Accountants are pretty amazing with their craft, but if AWA was so almighty profitable, and US Air was supposedly not, why has AWA's flying shrunk so much after the merge? What happened to LAS? Maybe their books were cooked a bit and USAir's were watered down, not sure, but post merge it's clear that the profit comes from the East operation.

The fact that you don't actually know any west pilots who want to move east should their precious Nicolau windfall come their way doesn't mean they aren't out there. In fact I know of several who live driving distance to PHL. You think they wouldn't cash in on super seniority and eliminate their weekly commute to PHX if they could? Whatever you're smokin', I'm certain it won't pass a piss test.

And let's see - Who destroyed the east payscales? ALPA did. ALPA at US Air was inane and needed to go. ALPA at AWA was only slightly less inane, but they did get a contract at a difficult time in the industry, so good on them.

Ah, so ALPA national imposed LOA93 on the poor pilots of USAir? The majority of USAir pilots never voted to accept the lower pay rates?

It was all the fault of a nefarious caped supervillan sporting an ALPA logo on his chest. Got it.

You are forever delusional about what happened let alone about what has not yet happened.

Latest resources

Back