USAPA & USA Today Ad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PositiveRate -

Would you say that a top priority for a "real union" is to get equal pay for equal work? So why is it that one part of the pilot group makes 15% more than the other group - and the group that makes more has done nothing to correct that when we all work for the same airline?

Metrojet

You've got to be kidding me!

One part of the group makes less because they willingly (and in breach of the TA) pulled out of joint negotiations in order to put a road block in front of the Nicolau list.

The only path to parity and payraises is from a joint contract. That reality is no different under USAPA as it was with ALPA. The Nicolau list has always been and will always be part of that reality as well.

becket or is this Suzie from the crew news session on 7/8?

Either way, you need to chill. Its just a job and the hamas tactics will not get you group squat. The EAST will out number you even more due to the furloughs coming your way. So things are not looking good for non union pilots.
With the nic list you would see west pilots displacing east pilots in their bases. Very low yields in PHX and LAS hence the downsizing.

I am glad that we remain separate. I do not want anything to do we hate filled workers that want to take away our jobs. Permanent fences and the west can have your Nic.

Marty[/quote

Hamas tactics? Who's the idiot group that has the mentality of a suicide bomber? Get a clue.

Last edited:
By the way.

I'm watching Larry King right now and it is nice to see USAPA has now aired USAirways dirty laundry to the world. The story makes it look like we are not safe.

Great JOB. DRIVE MORE PAX AWAY.

What a bunch of tools.

And here is yours:

HP747

Yep that's an AWA 747 rotting in the desert. Why don't you give us the play by play of how the America West wide body program went?

I'm all ears...

Good one. One jet from the Early 90's to literally hundreds of jets from post 9-11. Very powerful rebuttal. One 747 compared to god knows how many: Dc-9s, MD-80s, 737 300/400s, Fokker 100's. Well played sir...However, I'm still embarrassed for you and your chronically ill regional.

Mod Input:

Calling anyone a Scab on here is not allowed, that does not mean that I agree with the actions of anyone, but it does mean that I have a rule to enforce, even if I may not want to. It is right there in the rules, which I did not write. I find in especially childish to call someone a scab that is not on the Scab List. Battle it out all you want, but play by the rules please. That is all I am asking. The reason we have the rules is to protect the site from liability so that it will be able to be here tomorrow for you. Please understand that I am by no means taking a side, besides that of the rules that are listed here. We have been through this type of thing before with other pilot groups as you all know, and all we ever ask is that you play by the rules. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that unions have lots of sue happy lawyers, that arn't afraid to sue the website into demise.

Here are three quotes from the rules that I think pertain here:

"
NO SCAB LISTS or links to scab lists may be placed on these forums. No calling a member/non-member a scab. Violators will be permanently banned at first offense if or when the Websitemaster/moderators feel deemed."

"
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, personal attacks, personal information or otherwise violate of any laws. The owners of Flightinfo.com, LLC reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason at any time."

"I
f you have a thin skin, don’t post. If you do, remember that there are many diverse opinions on this board and you may well encounter a scathing attack on yours. Don’t take it too personally. Logic and a civil tone seem to work best when debating a subject and it helps you gain respect during the course of your participation on the forums."

Last edited:
Good one. One jet from the Early 90's to literally hundreds of jets from post 9-11. Very powerful rebuttal. One 747 compared to god knows how many: Dc-9s, MD-80s, 737 300/400s, Fokker 100's. Well played sir...However, I'm still embarrassed for you and your chronically ill regional.

They didn't have one 747...they had FOUR. HP was desperately trying to distance itself from what they in fact were...a low cost regional.

It didn't work:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_West_Airlines

In 1989, the airline leased four Boeing 747 aircraft (formerly operated by KLM), offering service to Hawaii and Nagoya, Japan, as well as an expansion of service to many Mexican destinations.
In 1990, the airline moved into the new Terminal 4 and also took the delivery of several Airbus A320 aircraft that were destined for the now-defunct Braniff Airways. The A320s were sold to America West at a steep discount. Braniff had assumed the Airbus A320 order after purchasing the original order rights from Pan Am, another troubled carrier.
Despite these developments, the airline continued to lose money. The operating expenses at the new Terminal 4 were much higher than previous expenses in Terminal 3's temporary concourse. The Nagoya, Japan route was essentially a bust (the planes were flying with almost no passengers), with extremely low ticket sales. Finally, concerns about stability in the Gulf States in the lead-up to the Persian Gulf War lead to increasing fuel costs. This combination forced America West to file for bankruptcy in June 1991.

My bad. I forgot to mention the dozens upon dozens of 737-200s that are also parked. Remember metrojet? it's getting a sunburn in the desert for the rest of eternity.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back