• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA / US Airways MOU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not necessarily think we can or have the leverage to get bigger or better, BUT some clean up of language, and clarifications etc

This language is typical ALPA contract language, Worthless.

What's item #2 mean to you?
I think the language reflects some blowback from USAPA's goose chases, so they purposely write it vague. The AWA contract had language that appeared iron-clad, only to be watered down through interpretation by the Joint Implementation Review Committee (JIRC, cute, eh?).

Item 2 - Pay Parity? It's only worth less than half what it's worth to the east. I see this as a small raise, but more than USAPA could ever provide as long as they stay on the DOH or nothing course. We will start down a road that will eventually let us claw back towards a decent pay rate. This seems like a better move than flipping Parker the bird and getting nothing.

A twist on the old 60's expression, "If it feels good, maybe DON'T do it!"

Not sure which item 2 you were looking at it, but it's on first page of MOU under Process Elements.

My take on this little gem is essentially game over. By agreeing to the MOU, we agree to all terms of the APA term sheet (an any modified part) with implementation of such items based on agreed to time frame prior to JCBA, EXCEPT as modified in the MOU.

So do you see anything in the APA term sheet, which we were not party to, which you possibly do not like? How much will our health care benefits increase? Who knows, it's to be determined.....etc etc etc....
Do you really want to pay an additional 12mil/yr for pay protection? Want to pay for those 3% yearly increases? etc etc......

Not necessarily think we can or have the leverage to get bigger or better, BUT some clean up of language, and clarifications etc

This language is typical ALPA contract language, Worthless.

What's item #2 mean to you?

Hi Crzipilot. I think ALPA contract language isn't worthless because it is very valuable to management and downright damaging to it's members. Hey I know let's put an end date right after the draconian pay cut language in a letter of agreement that doesn't mean anything...anything. ALPA national presidents should always sign off on meaningless language always. I think ALPA should put an end date after every word in every thing they ever say and have the ALPA national president sign it after every word. Hey ALPA guys how is that magazine I really miss it. Can someone send me one cause I really really miss it.

I think the language reflects some blowback from USAPA's goose chases, so they purposely write it vague. The AWA contract had language that appeared iron-clad, only to be watered down through interpretation by the Joint Implementation Review Committee (JIRC, cute, eh?).

Item 2 - Pay Parity? It's only worth less than half what it's worth to the east. I see this as a small raise, but more than USAPA could ever provide as long as they stay on the DOH or nothing course. We will start down a road that will eventually let us claw back towards a decent pay rate. This seems like a better move than flipping Parker the bird and getting nothing.

A twist on the old 60's expression, "If it feels good, maybe DON'T do it!"

I know we have our east west problem but do you really want your ex-con ceo to have no min utilization rates?

Just like the west had the right to participate in USAPA from the beginning. Why are you so unwilling to see the parallel with US recent history, unless you're OK with repeating it.

USAPA can't even put up a fight if it is determined that events have (continued) passed us by. Bring on APA. Shut down USAPA.

Until you say "YES", eh? That brightens up even the darkest days. Thanks!

Nothing in your contract has changed. You guys are the ones that brag about how much better it is than everyone else's.

Are there hard numbers as far as pay from this MOU? Does anyone have an pay rates or a % in wage increases?

I know we have our east west problem but do you really want your ex-con ceo to have no min utilization rates?
That choice was made by you and those who voted to let USAPA run amok. That choice dictated all subsequent ones.

We could be unified and relevant like APA, and then we'd be a force to be reckoned with and maybe be in a position to expect a second or third offer. But we're not and we shouldn't.

Instead we confuse management's charity with negotiations. Cleary placed us in a position where charity is the best we can hope for, even when it comes with the strings that this MOU has attached.

You can fantasize that the fact are different, but in reality YES is the only vote that takes us out of the USAPA hole and into a future of rebuilding.

So American found creditors to put up 2 billion dollars so they can exit bankruptcy alone and can have more leverage in a possible merger. That mean Horton stays in control?

Horton is just trying to show he has the "bigger ones". Remember the UCC is still in the drivers seat. I suspect that DP will now bring his Boyz to the show and up the ante. Maybe hint at how much $$ his team would bring to the table for the eventual acquisition of AMR.
More drama that's all. Horton will fight this merger to the bitter end..
It has come down to "ho has the bigger cojones"!!

That choice was made by you and those who voted to let USAPA run amok. That choice dictated all subsequent ones.

We could be unified and relevant like APA, and then we'd be a force to be reckoned with and maybe be in a position to expect a second or third offer. But we're not and we shouldn't.

Instead we confuse management's charity with negotiations. Cleary placed us in a position where charity is the best we can hope for, even when it comes with the strings that this MOU has attached.

You can fantasize that the fact are different, but in reality YES is the only vote that takes us out of the USAPA hole and into a future of rebuilding.

But we, you and me and the rest have a vote. I don't know yet which way I'm going to vote. Initially I thought no but I want to go to road shows and ask more questions.

Latest resources

Back