• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA saves Jobs on East and West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are you smoking man! Nicolau is senile and sinceless! He screwed things up with our merger so bad we are still not merged BECAUSE OF HIM! Get your facts straight bud- nobody wants him anymore

No, all he did was developed a seniority list because the two sides couldn't reach common ground. The EAST screwed up the merger because when they didn't get their staple job, they choose to throw themselves on the floor and have a tantrum. Blaming Nic is pretty pathetic.

Now USAPA is visibly blocking the contract negotiation process while accusing the company of not operating in good faith. Where does it end? If my kids acted in the same manner, I would put them in time out.

What are you smoking man! Nicolau is senile and sinceless! He screwed things up with our merger so bad we are still not merged BECAUSE OF HIM! Get your facts straight bud- nobody wants him anymore

Oh come on now. Nicalau has was more "Since" than you do. This merger is not complete for the single, solitary reason that the East Aholes didn't get to rebuild their careers on the backs of the West. The East has blocked this entire process...and was found guilty in a Federal Court for their behavior.

I want the refreshments concession at the upcoming financial damages trial in PHX. Its going to be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Based on your post, may I assume that you read all of the transcripts during the arbitration process? There are TONS of facts in those transcripts. If you are making statements about Mr. Nicolau based on emotion ONLY, then it's just the same hyperbole.

I am sorry for what has transpired in your career. That said, I will not willing give up my career position just to make yours what it may have been some time ago. Millions of dollars in wages and benefits have be lost to this senseless battle. Are you so embittered to let this go all the way to damages? It would seem that the answer is YES.

I completely disagree. There's nothing fair and equitable about a staple job. The financial status of US Airways wasn't the reason Nicolau ruled like he did; it was their dismal career expectations.

Hi TDude,

Um, can you explain, then, why the "career expectations" of the top 517 were so vastly superior to the bottom 2/3rd's-or-so of the East list????? Were they working for a different company than the rest of us?!?!?

I appreciate your reasoned tone, usually. I hope you'll extend it to your reply. None of your Internet commandos have ever....ever....explained adequately why Nicolau thought the senior East pilots had great expectations but the rest of the airline, apparently, had expectations equivalent to a AWA newhire.

Thank you,

and, as always,

BeCareful out there!

OUtstanding post! Yes BeCareful, they haven't a clue as to how to answer you. THey are all about themselves.

Hi TDude,

Um, can you explain, then, why the "career expectations" of the top 517 were so vastly superior to the bottom 2/3rd's-or-so of the East list????? Were they working for a different company than the rest of us?!?!?

I appreciate your reasoned tone, usually. I hope you'll extend it to your reply. None of your Internet commandos have ever....ever....explained adequately why Nicolau thought the senior East pilots had great expectations but the rest of the airline, apparently, had expectations equivalent to a AWA newhire.

Thank you,

and, as always,

BeCareful out there!

I believe that the 517 was how many Capt / FO / IRO widebody positions there were on the East list. It was to initially protect the WB flying (in case the East & West actually combined ops right away........)

:cool:

Um, can you explain, then, why the "career expectations" of the top 517 were so vastly superior to the bottom 2/3rd's-or-so of the East list?????
I'm not the one to ask. Please read the Nicolau Award (again?) for his explanation. I don't wish to be glib but he was very thorough and it serves no purpose for me to try to explain his reasoning.

I believe that the 517 was how many Capt / FO / IRO widebody positions there were on the East list. It was to initially protect the WB flying (in case the East & West actually combined ops right away........)

:cool:

Right. Got that. So, apparently, "Capt / FO / IRO widebody positions" ..... those guys had "career expectations" that needed to be protected. Anyone else working for the same FU&%!NG AIRLINE has such poor expectations that he placed them 17-26 years junior to the AWA (Mesa Grande) pilots. How does that work?!?!

I'm not the one to ask. Please read the Nicolau Award (again?) for his explanation. I don't wish to be glib but he was very thorough and it serves no purpose for me to try to explain his reasoning.

Yeah.....he was NOT thorough......he never explains why some East pilots should have expected to be working, but some others should have expected nothing in particular but unemployment.

He's an a$$hole, and a freekin' idiot.

Right....it "serves no purpose for me to try to explain his reasoning".......yeah, it obviously serves no purpose for you to explain it now....you stand to gain a decade and a half on hardworking US Air pilots. The pilots who built the system and the route network you now take for granted in terms of job security. Staying silent in this matter is your version of integrity???

Latest resources

Back