• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA Members Ready to move forward....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone thinks that ALPA wasn't giving one of their most important pilot groups it's "props". Last I heard USAirways used to have reps at the BOD level and could have pushed for more thriftiness within ALPA.

Funny, alot of those same people are USAPA mules now.

So the F/O's at US Airways got so mad at the secretary salaries and expense accounts that they decided to ditch ALPA and sacrifice their own pay for at least 5 more years? Sounds like something that brain trust would do. Why wouldn't I want to join them?

Just maybe every once in a while, when all the stars align, Pilots will actually do what they consider the right thing, rather than try and line their pockets at some other pilots expense.

I know that is something completely foreign to most Union pilots, but it is well know amongst most other Union workers.

Just maybe every once in a while, when all the stars align, Pilots will actually do what they consider the right thing, rather than try and line their pockets at some other pilots expense.

I know that is something completely foreign to most Union pilots, but it is well know amongst most other Union workers.

Other union workers would laugh at you if you told them you had a new "it depends" definition for seniority. Without seniority, the profession is no better than picking which soup line is best.

We might as well go and get a real job with promotions based on merit.

judging how most other unions define seniority (I would say all, but there is always the exception that makes the rule), you might want to look into who has the new definition.

I agree with your statement "without seniority"

Last edited:

That's exactly what the west is doing. We have played by the rules every step of the way. It is the East Fo's such as yourself who have hijacked the process out of pure greed. You are biassed I am biassed hence the neutral arbitrator (picked by the east) and the pilot neutrals. But you didn't like his decision and intend to burn the place down if you don't get your way...Very honorable thing to do...I wonder how many families will be forced into bankruptcy through the actions of the Angry FO club...

That's exactly what the west is doing. We have played by the rules every step of the way. It is the East Fo's such as yourself who have hijacked the process out of pure greed. You are biassed I am biassed hence the neutral arbitrator (picked by the east) and the pilot neutrals. But you didn't like his decision and intend to burn the place down if you don't get your way...Very honorable thing to do...I wonder how many families will be forced into bankruptcy through the actions of the Angry FO club...

Oh the drama. The drama is unbearable...:rolleyes:

This isn't a game. This is a profession.

A profession.. until the last pilot sells out.

Greed? That is a stretch, the East has not gotten nor will get any pay raises for a long time. The East also does not want any part of West flying. The West can name their own protections and limits. The only thing you cant have is the East jobs. It really is that simple. To sum it up the East wants nothing from the West.. The West wants the East Seats. Greedy indeed.

After what your esteemed, integrity filled MEC, tried to do to the ex CEL pilots, you have some nerve saying anything about honor. For those that don't know, the West MEC petitioned the court to have the CEL pilots removed, that's right removed, not just placed at the bottom of the combined list. Among the reasons given include that the CEL only flew DHC-8's and therefore might not posess the ability to fly a larger ML aircraft.

If that is what you think is Honor and Integity you are a shoe in for ALPA national. I suggest if the opportunity ever arises, you go for it.

Latest resources

Back