USAPA Members Ready to move forward....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Contract

Apparently USAPA (the union which claims to represent US Airway Pilots) has its back against the ropes not only with the court system but also with its own membership. The lawsuits against USAPA continue to mount as well as the decisions by judges throughout the country that dont see eye to eye with USAPA leadership. USAPA is not only fighting the west pilots, but it also has law suits pending from pilots within its own ranks that never recieved "Date of Hire" as the protocol for their seniority with other USAIRWAY pilots. As a result east coast USAirway pilots are reportedly beginning to meet with their counterparts from the west coast in an effort to remove the current leadership at USAPA.

Current members cite their leadership's misguided and stuborn behaviour related to seniority issues dating back to January 07 when they refused to negotiate seniortiy after the arbitrator requested them to do so. They also realize that the assesment fees could begin to mount if a United States Federal Judge in the District of Arizona rules that USAPA is liable for making furloughed pilots in the west whole after being furloughed out of seniority order.

As a result many members are now ready to move forward in an effort to remove the USAPA Leadership and join the west pilots in negotiating better work rules and pay that will unite the two groups as they move forward.

I believe it, there has always been a group of pilots at U that were/are willing to throw any one under the bus for a nickel raise.

As opposed to remaining pinned beneath the bus while shouting, "Bus? I don't see any bus! And if we are under the bus, why doesn't the west come down here with us?"

Apparently USAPA (the union which claims to represent US Airway Pilots) has its back against the ropes not only with the court system but also with its own membership. The lawsuits against USAPA continue to mount as well as the decisions by judges throughout the country that dont see eye to eye with USAPA leadership. USAPA is not only fighting the west pilots, but it also has law suits pending from pilots within its own ranks that never recieved "Date of Hire" as the protocol for their seniority with other USAIRWAY pilots. As a result east coast USAirway pilots are reportedly beginning to meet with their counterparts from the west coast in an effort to remove the current leadership at USAPA.

Current members cite their leadership's misguided and stuborn behaviour related to seniority issues dating back to January 07 when they refused to negotiate seniortiy after the arbitrator requested them to do so. They also realize that the assesment fees could begin to mount if a United States Federal Judge in the District of Arizona rules that USAPA is liable for making furloughed pilots in the west whole after being furloughed out of seniority order.

As a result many members are now ready to move forward in an effort to remove the USAPA Leadership and join the west pilots in negotiating better work rules and pay that will unite the two groups as they move forward.

Well its not April 1st. So I'll ask where you got your info.

Fast

Well its not April 1st. So I'll ask where you got your info.

Fast

I'll second that.

I will also note FR8's post above: I agree some of the "silver spoons" (DOH around 1986ish and earlier) around here need a sharp smack upside their heads. Not every single one falling into that group but enough that the "attitude" is noticeable.

Last edited:
Too little way too late.

If I were advising the West guys, I would recommend not letting up until you successfully receive a court order for damages to be paid to your group by the East.

I do not believe you are far from this at this time.

As opposed to remaining pinned beneath the bus while shouting, "Bus? I don't see any bus! And if we are under the bus, why doesn't the west come down here with us?"

If you ask USAPA they'd probably tell you there is no bus, even as the pressure(from the bus) pops their little heads.

I believe it, there has always been a group of pilots at U that were/are willing to throw any one under the bus for a nickel raise.

Is it better to let a group of bitter fo's subvert the process and potentially sink the airline in an attempt to weasel their way out of an arbitrated agreement??? I love the righteous indignation coming from the east. As if you are fighting a noble battle. Don't forget to pay those dues, there's a BIG bill headed USAPA's way...

Apparently ALPA (the union which claims to represent 60,000 Pilots) has its back against the ropes not only with the court system but also with its own membership. The lawsuits against ALPA continue to mount as well as the decisions by judges throughout the country that don’t see eye to eye with ALPA leadership. ALPA is not only fighting the disgruntled pilots, but it also has law suits pending from pilots within its own ranks that never received "jack Sh!t" since they don’t feed on the insider’s trough. As a result most ALPA pilots at every single ALPA carrier are reportedly beginning to meet with their counterparts from other carriers in an effort to remove the current leadership at ALPA.

Current members cite their leadership's misguided and stubborn behavior related to excessive national leadership pay, housing allowances, and conferences at luxurious resorts--issues dating back to days long ago. Members also realize that the assessment fees will begin to mount as ALPA discovers there is no need for members to vote on assessments to increase FPL, salaries, or caviar and champagne for "First Friday" office parties.

As a result many members are pledging to commit to a new years resolution to move forward in an effort to remove the ALPA Leadership. This year is going to be different!

Others are spending their layovers wisely. They are seeking an online clerical degree from a nationally recognized office management school. They hope to soon be a secretary for ALPA national in order to finally get their long awaited pay raise.

Latest resources

Back