• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa lost!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seniority is NOT for sale!! Fighting for ours is rightious and justified. The East wants nothing more than a fair integration. The NIC is far from fair. Let the West enjoy its industry leading contract. They make it sound as if they have one.

So says the jihadist. DOH is greattttt!!!!!! AAAAeeeeeeeeeee!

As usual, alot of words and no content. So what about that industry leading contract that you claim to enjoy?

What about the industry LAGGING contract you've chained yourself to because you refuse to accept the BINDING arbitration you AGREED to?

Wave wrote:

"And I get not wanting to fall on your sword for the good of the profession
I'm just curious how long you think this ought to go on? I know you guys do not lack the heart for a battle and that's what you feel you're in-

But here's the difference- I do this career about 20% bc I like flying- I get satisfaction and pride from it- 80%- I do for money

How long will you go under loa 93, bc of pride? I do understand pride and wanting to keep the place you feel you've earned- But since this is just a job, I guess I don't see how it goes quite this far- honestly- help me understand-"

How much longer?
What's the end?

I've got 16 years left. Beyond that, who knows.. The AA pilots will do just fine. If "bringing the bar down" by one pilot group truly haunts YOU, how about supporting an industry common seniority list and an industry common pay scale to nullify the current trend?
Yeah, I know, I'm not WORTHY of being considered a "Real Pilot" nor do I deserve placement on such a glorious list. Reserved for successful airline pilots.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know, I'm not WORTHY of being considered a "Real Pilot" nor do I deserve placement on such a glorious list. Reserved for successful airline pilots.

Too funny -- but true. This is how they think.

Ironic how those talking about bringing up the bar work for companies that were so successful for decades in bringing the whole industry down.

Too funny -- but true. This is how they think.

Ironic how those talking about bringing up the bar work for companies that were so successful for decades in bringing the whole industry down.

...And the PILOTS hold all the blame..

How much longer?
What's the end?

Probably about 5 more years.

After the next verdict, the appeal, the unending contract negotiation, the pilot ratification process, its rejection, starting over, trying again, etc. at least 5 more years.

When a new contract is there, it will be a marginal increase for the west as most of the pot of new money will have to go to the east just to bring them up to what the west has today. West guys -- when viewed this way it might have been better for you for the east to have won LOA93.

Probably about 5 more years.

After the next verdict, the appeal, the unending contract negotiation, the pilot ratification process, its rejection, starting over, trying again, etc. at least 5 more years.

When a new contract is there, it will be a marginal increase for the west as most of the pot of new money will have to go to the east just to bring them up to what the west has today. West guys -- when viewed this way it might have been better for you for the east to have won LOA93.

Forgot ONE important point. The pulldown and subsequent shutdown of PHX, and the west pilots relocation to PHL, CLT, or DCA.

Those that wish the NIC implemented ,at all cost ,might be surprised with its unintended consequences. PHX will be thinned-out, possibly shut down. Remember LAS? Those west pilots that enjoy the desert, will forever commute. Those that chose to move will enjoy peace and harmony while charring a loooong 4 day trip with an F/O who's 25 year seniority places him/her behind a 2005 hire. Be careful what YOU wish for......

B-atch-
I have supported both concepts- we'd all benefit from some tweak to the system that would allow for lateral moves as other professionals enjoy-
At the very least blend FO pay in the first 5 years so that pilots can responsibly leave a failing management

Those that wish the NIC implemented ,at all cost ,might be surprised with its unintended consequences. PHX will be thinned-out, possibly shut down. Remember LAS? Those west pilots that enjoy the desert, will forever commute. Those that chose to move will enjoy peace and harmony while charring a loooong 4 day trip with an F/O who's 25 year seniority places him/her behind a 2005 hire. Be careful what YOU wish for......
Big Deal. I'd just tell gramps to STFU or get off my Airplane. Problem solved.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back