• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa lost!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As long as east and west stay separate it is a win. Nobody in the East wants anything to do with America West if it includes Nic.

MDA version 2.0 West division. Two pilot groups with the same employer, union, call sign etc. It was done before under ALPA and nobody complained except the MDA version 1.0 pilots.

I do not care how much money is offered. Our seniority is not for sale. You keep your DOH we keep ours. That is fine.

The only ones who seem to have a problem are the ones not cashing in on a windfall. You have a problem remaining separate. I don't.

M

Can you amateur and professional lawyers out there explain points of change of control clauses in plain English?

For example, if Parker sells 20% of AWA assets the bargaining agent -- (obviously) now USAPA -- can determine at its sole discretion if the crews follow the planes?

Or if the majority AWA assets aren't sold in 1 transaction or close within a 12 month period, the company isn't bound by section 1?

Further, if merging with another pilot group not represented by USAPA (paraphrasing ALPA-ALPA language in section 1 to reflect today's reality), the new merged list would go section 3 and 13 of Allegheny/Mohawk?

Is this information correct?

Taco;
I know you are seeking answers, BUT Mike Cleary is not the person you should get them from. His latest SHAMEFUL communication is quite simply a grasp at straws.

IF there is any way that Parker/LCC can get out of the CofC clause, I am quite sure they will. The fact that USAPA has firmly placed our collective pilot group in the injunctions "cross hairs", gives us in NO leverage at all.

I don't know what I can say to make your situation any better. USAPA was formed for the sole reason to evade the Nicolau. They foolishly followed SSM&P's advise that it was a "slam dunk".

The legal battles have quite nearly been exhausted and the union doesn't have the spare change to launch more. It is time to move on.

CB

As long as east and west stay separate it is a win. Nobody in the East wants anything to do with America West if it includes Nic.

MDA version 2.0 West division. Two pilot groups with the same employer, union, call sign etc. It was done before under ALPA and nobody complained except the MDA version 1.0 pilots.

I do not care how much money is offered. Our seniority is not for sale. You keep your DOH we keep ours. That is fine.

The only ones who seem to have a problem are the ones not cashing in on a windfall. You have a problem remaining separate. I don't.

M

Rage against the machine Marty. USAPA has painted itself into a corner. The legal battles are quite nearly done, and the rats are leaving the USAPA ship as fast as they can swim. Further, the more sensible pilots have figured out the the next contract WILL have an unrestricted Nicolau seniority list.

I'm glad you got your little captain's seat. You may just get to keep it if you are lucky.

See you in the Spring!

M
The only problem with your little scheme Marty is that it's patently Illegal. CBA stands for collective BARGAINING agent. They are required, by law, to bargain in good faith adhering to their Duty of Fair Representation. There isn't a single person in this Industry that DOESN'T know exactly why USAPA was formed and that delay is the sole intent of your "union".

It's illegal. It's coming to an end. Get over it.

M

What happens if Silver says Nic is negotiable, yet USAPA still is wary of stepping on that land mine and delays further? Parker tearing up the TA and opening west bases (all equipment) in east hubs! Migrating aircraft? You bet!! West A330 positions? Absolutely!!

I'll bet MCDU just got called back to F/O on the 190 from his Lav Truck C/O position. That should be about a $30/hr increase.

Seniority not for sale? HA! HA! You idiots have never sold anything, you GAVE IT AWAY!!

M

What are you talking about? You don't work for USAir so you have no seniority to sell.

Taco;
I know you are seeking answers, BUT Mike Cleary is not the person you should get them from. His latest SHAMEFUL communication is quite simply a grasp at straws.

IF there is any way that Parker/LCC can get out of the CofC clause, I am quite sure they will. The fact that USAPA has firmly placed our collective pilot group in the injunctions "cross hairs", gives us in NO leverage at all.

I don't know what I can say to make your situation any better. USAPA was formed for the sole reason to evade the Nicolau. They foolishly followed SSM&P's advise that it was a "slam dunk".

The legal battles have quite nearly been exhausted and the union doesn't have the spare change to launch more. It is time to move on.

CB

I'll assume then from the collective venom that my understanding now is correct. I'll be honest and admit I have not read your entire contract, just portions from time to time. Since, according to some, I am the hapless victim of a propaganda machine, I thought I would simply ask someone -- perhaps you -- that purports to be in the know for another perspective. I never read or asked about section 1 because there I had no reason to do so.

Now I know why. IF a scenario happens involving a breakup BEFORE and IF a new collective bargaining agreement is reached I can infer it would be easier to go after the west. I reread the document and see that Parker signed a letter of understanding to Woerth repeating these key points. And just why would he do that? No he said she said if/when the time comes.

I'm not looking for you to make my situation "better" -- whatever that means. Just looking for a different perspective, and perhaps a laugh.

Taco. there is no break up coming, but enjoy your new dream till USAPA spins a new distraction to LOA 93. Did you get to read the Safety chairs letter resigning, WOW!!!! He does not have many friends out East, but we do not want him also. I think it is cute how USAPA leads the guilble like lemmings.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back