• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways off the runway at PHL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Karma is a bitch Carl. Oh I'm sorry you're superpilot! Nothing like this could ever happen to you.

Yes it is but ya gotta admit, those were some messed decisions that led to the accident. Ambivalence is never our friend.

I had to sit thru training a few months ago and do a spot about what these turds did in PHL while my time could have been better spent on more pressing matters. Being Easties also make me question their total reluctance to accepting that they are not the gifts to aviation that they think they are.

Fly the airplane the way you're trained and don't make s--- up as you go along and you'll stay out of trouble by and large. A mistake is much easier to accept than a dangerous attitude. Some of which are:

• Anti-Authority: "Don't tell me!" - When people have this attitude they may resent having someone tell them what to do or they think of rules and regs as silly or unneeded.
  • Impulsive: "Do something quickly!" - This is what people do when they feel the need to do something, anything and now. Usually they do the first thing that pops up in them.
  • Invulnerability: "It won't happen to me!" - Accidents happen only to other people. Thinking this may lead to taking more unnecessary risks.
  • Macho: "I can do it!" - These guys we all know. Trying to prove that they are better than anyone else and taking more risks. Both sexes are susceptible to this attitude.
  • Resignation: "What's the use?" - These people think that they do not make a great deal of difference in what happens to them. When things are going well they think: "Good luck". And when things are not so well, they seem to think that someone is out to get them.

That junker sits at the approach to 9L in PHL in the cargo ramp held up with wood beams, a monument to poor flying skills if I ever saw one.

Hi Carl

Let me know the next time you are in the left seat and get confusing aural warnings on take off that you had never been briefed upon - and you have to make the reject call.

Not saying that this might have / could have turned out better - but there were additional items that the flight global article didn't discuss.

Metrojet

I had to sit thru training a few months ago and do a spot about what these turds did in PHL while my time could have been better spent on more pressing matters. Being Easties also make me question their total reluctance to accepting that they are not the gifts to aviation that they think they are.

Don't worry Carl -

From what all you guys are saying about the SLI merger hearings - you guys are going to get a seat at the table - then on the full SLI - you all will gain your rightful place on the combined LUS/ LAA list and can takeover the training dept and write the scripts that you want!

Hi Carl

Let me know the next time you are in the left seat and get confusing aural warnings on take off that you had never been briefed upon - and you have to make the reject call.

Not saying that this might have / could have turned out better - but there were additional items that the flight global article didn't discuss.

Metrojet

Anyone who has at the very least gone through an airbus training program, including the greenest ab-inito dude, knows what to do when the "flex not set" warning annunciates - select TOGA. It's an element of basic airmanship. When the PM called this out to the PF he responded; "power is set" indicating a complete lack of situational awareness and confusion about basic airbus systems. The fact that the PM didn't say or do anything isn't impressive either.

Even had they left the power in the MCT detent and not F'ed up anything else it would have flown off the ground just fine, However-

They didn't stop the screw ups there, they added to it by rotating early - like over 20 knots early. Anyone with any experience knows what to do if all the data drops out on an airbus takeoff- if it's a 319/320/321, keep it on the ground until 150/150/170 and rotate.

Then after initiating a V1 abort, well before VR but while Freaking Airborne! They landed tail first.

The fact that you can't look at the facts and acknowledge there was a complete lack of competence and instead make excuses; "there were additional items that the flight global article didn't discuss." indicates you think this lack of competency is acceptable and perhaps the norm.

Last edited:
Just like when the losers in CLT hit the A321 with the wing tip doing an intersection takeoff and said they were not trained in A330 turning radius... I see a trend.

Another question remains: what is worse, bad decision making or wishing harm on your fellow pilots by setting up the cockpit in a certain way?

I see a trend there...

I love all those napkins you Easties leave in the cockpit, so useful. If anyone sabotages a cockpit, they should be fired, no exceptions...

Latest resources

Back