Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sandhawk

Waiting on Dec 13, 2012
Looks like USAirways once again can't do ANYTHING right..........

Eastie-crewed AWE807 (B767) made a tech stop in KLAX today on its Inaugural Non-Stop flight from Charlotte to Honolulu. You would think that they would have the right plane for the job for once? They might as well just make it a connecting flight in Phoenix...........CLT-PHX-PHNL

Thank goodness they gave up their China route authority!

:rolleyes:

Eastie-crewed AWE807 (B767) made a tech stop in KLAX today on its Inaugural Non-Stop flight from Charlotte to Honolulu. You would think that they would have the right plane for the job for once? They might as well just make it a connecting flight in Phoenix...........CLT-PHX-PHNL

Strong headwinds forecast for the trans-pacific crossing today. Check Alaska fuel stops and over 100 kts on NW SEA-HNL today.

Therefore - this is not news - just another "Westie" cryin becasue he hasn't been able to cash in his "lottery ticket".

Metrojet

Strong headwinds on the trans-pacific route today. Check Alaska fuel stops and over 100kts headwind on the NW SEA-HNL route today.

Therefore - not news - just another "Westie" cryin because he hasn't been able to cash in his "lottery ticket".

Metrojet

Got a st-st-stuttering problem? BTW, more of a jab at the st!tbox airline you work for!

Delta (NWA 803) looks like they are doing ATL - PHNL nonstop today with an A330 (though it is 176 nm closer than CLT). Again, the right plane for the job - not some POS ex-Piedmont 76.

10:1 says Homojet is still pulling gear at USAir's (I mean CACTUS) with 16,500 hours......Probably senior to him on the Nic - although he is still working!

:cool:

Last edited:
Got a st-st-stuttering problem? BTW, more of a jab at the st!tbox airline you work for!

Delta (NWA 803) looks like they are doing ATL - PHNL nonstop today with an A330 (though it is 176 nm closer than CLT). Again, the right plane for the job - not some POS ex-Piedmont 76.

10:1 says Metrojet is still pulling gear at USAir's (I mean CACTUS) with 16,500 hours......Probably senior to him on the Nic - although he is still working!

So I was right - another cryin Westie?
And by the way - although I am still working and I am probably senior to Sandhawk on the nic - I sincerely wish no one was on furlough - since I have had friends and family on that list like Sandhawk. And although we can throw barbs at each other - in reality we should be throwing the barbs at our leaders for not negotiating a fair contract that we can all vote on.

Metrojet

P.S. - check my editing on your quote!

So Mr. experience what would you have done?? Run out of fuel over the ocean? Sounds like they made a smart decision to me to stop for fuel. Maybe your company is different, but I don't have any say on what equipment fly's what route at my company.

So Mr. experience what would you have done?? Run out of fuel over the ocean? Sounds like they made a smart decision to me to stop for fuel. Maybe your company is different, but I don't have any say on what equipment fly's what route at my company.

The point was having the right plane for the route.......like using an A330, not an old 762!

Just like Airways was going to try to fly a A330 with a bunch of seats removed to be able to make China instead of buying A340s like they originally were going to do.

Has nothing to do with East or West - has to do with the dumbsh!ts at the Tempe tombstone not knowing how to run an airline or buy the right equipment for the job.

Last edited:
"Has nothing to do with East or West..."

Well, Sandhawk, you sure brought that fight to the table with the "eastie crewed 767" flame.

Latest resources

Back