• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Express Leather Jackets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't wait 'til I get a job with a hat. All I have are these 4 silly stripes on my shoulders...

Re: Haven't you guys herd......

LearLove said:
All Wholly Owned pilots are scoped from leather jackets pending the companies emergence from CH11 on March 31, 2003.

If US Airways does come out of CH11 then said WO pilots may wear leather jackets in accordance with the J4J agrement (leather jecket guidlines found in LOA 99999333991 sub paragraph 4567777ccc of the agreement).

Chris Beebe was not available for comment however Roy "I have a speech problem" Freuildlick said that any WO pilot cought wearing a leather jacket before 31 march of this year will be subject to mainline whiney grievance number nine billion four hundred fifty two.

LearLove,

You have the best sence of humor:D .

And to everyone on the hat subject. The hats need to go. They're OUTDATED, USELESS, and LOOK RETARDED! They serve no purpose except to make you look like a GEEK and give you HATHEAD. Oh wait they do hold stuff but thats about it. I say make the hats optional then the people that like to wear them can see how much of a dork they look like.;)

Last edited:
Hi!

ATA also has the black flt. jacket. They wear the round hats, but the guys I saw took all the stuff out of them, and the sides were bent over-the "50 mission crush" look.

If you are younger, or don't know that look, the transport pilots wore their headsets over their round hats, which crushed the sides down after a while. I was going to add bomber pilots, but most of them wouldn't have a hat like that, as they died right away. I think after 25 missions they got to go home, but the death rate was about 80% or higher, and not many made it through 25 missions.

I'm at USA Jet, and we also have black leather jackets (Falcon guys have no hats-a lot wear baseball caps), while the DC-9 pilots get a round hat, I don't think many of them wear it.

We have navy pants, and the black jackets look good with them.

I also HATE the round hat. It takes up a lot of space if it's not on your head and it doesn't do well packed in a suitcase.

I'm really glad the black jackets are popular. I have a brown one from the AF-so I don't need another brown one, and black is my favorite color. The black goes well with the shoes, belt, watch, luggage and flight kit (my last airline specified BLACK watch, luggage and flight kit-that meant I couldn't use my orangey camel leather flight kit from the Gulf War-darn!). I add black gloves when necessary-I wish our company had a black baseball cap to go with it, so if you liked wearing a baseball cap it would match also.

Anyway, I don't really like the suitjacket thing. If I was lucky enough to have the choice between two airlines that were otherwise about the same to me, I woud definitely go with the one that let you wear the leather jacket and deep-six the suitjacket.

Obviously, if the choice is between something like Great Lakes and NWA, and only Lakes has the leather jacket, I'm not an idiot!

Good luck to U, and I hope your airline has or will get the black jackets!

Cliff
GRB

PS-Maybe it'll help us pick up chicks (or guys, depending upon your preference or sex) so we can live up to the claim in another thread that pilots are seen as "corrupt" and definitely not nice guys as they always screw around with FAs on the road!

Dixie Chicks RULE!

the hat makes a great basket to put your crap into before you go through the metal detector.....also, it apparently makes eveyone in the terminal think you're " sam, the answer man"

here's a sampling of questions asked by the intelligent traveler...

is my flight on time? i answer yes

which way to the baggage section? that way

did my baggage make the connection? let's ask it

are those small planes safe? i just nod

could you tell me where terminal d is? As we stand below the sign with terminal d > that way see the sign ma'am?

(please take this with the sense of humor that is meant)

i know they're the customer

Latest resources

Back