• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways E190 Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"it is the position of the America West pilots that these pilots do not belong on the list"

I said the West wanted pilots removed from the list, I have proven that with your sacred Nic award.

The only thing still in dispute in your mind is the reason, its been 8 years but I will find the West's position and quote it here.
However you could make a liar out of me by just posting it yourself, I know as a loyal West pilot advocate you have it, so go ahead put me in my place.

But alas I know you won't as it would out you guys for the individuals you really are.
Meanwhile I will keep looking, its not on the USAPA site, so I am looking for different legal library's trying to find it.

The 90 pilots went up to mainline via a flow-through agreement just like the Eagle pilots on the current American seniority list. They could not "flow-down" because PDT didn't honor the flow-down agreement. That's when they cancel the flow-through and those pilots stayed at mainline.

The 90 pilots went up to mainline via a flow-through agreement just like the Eagle pilots on the current American seniority list. They could not "flow-down" because PDT didn't honor the flow-down agreement. That's when they cancel the flow-through and those pilots stayed at mainline.

FWIW I think it was a few more than 90. About 125 if I remember correctly. Off the top of my head about 65 are still on the mainline list today. BL (330 fo on the aug bid) being the most senior and EV the most junior (76/76 FO).

Some left for other airlines and stayed, some stayed at Republic and a few retired.

The Flow-Through was cancelled when US Airways sold the 170's to Republic to exit Chapter 11. Hence ending Mid-Atlantic. PDT didn't honor a flow-down because one wasn't agreed upon.

It sucked for everyone!

Last edited:
The Flow-Through was cancelled when US Airways sold the 170's to Republic to exit Chapter 11. Hence ending Mid-Atlantic. PDT didn't honor a flow-down because one wasn't agreed upon.

It sucked for everyone!
I agree but there is more...
There never was a flow through, they were working on one but it never took place. No signed documents by any parties involved

Airways was desperate to find bodies to fill the right seats of the 170's, coming in a 3 per month. the pay was so bad that the furloughed pilots all passed. So Airways came up with a plan, Lear posted the bid choices.

these pilots were then hired by Airways when they showed up for class. Negotiations on a flow continued for a few months, but the 2nd bankruptcy came and all fell apart.
I was on the ALG MEC at that time, and I can tell with all certainty there was no flow ever agreed to, or took place.
It was a major problem for me at the time as pilots were asking me all about the "flow" and I had to keep telling them that the whole thing was a crap shoot it you went to MDA, as management (not any of the unions) had made a path to Airways, but no provisions what so ever to come back in the event of furlough or failed training etc.

At the same time there was plenty of looking the other way as the ML MEC did not enforce the recall provisions for their furloughed pilots once MDA remained US Air and not a WO.

OK then we will just paint express on the PHX based aircraft and you guys can work for 50% less.

Good effort trying to think outside the box but since we East and West collectively comprise USAir mainline and there are no East/West specific aircraft I doubt that will work. Keep trying though!

Good effort trying to think outside the box but since we East and West collectively comprise USAir mainline and there are no East/West specific aircraft I doubt that will work. Keep trying though!

You missed my point entirely. So I'll dumb it down for you.

Lets go ahead and paint express on the whole fleet, A330 to E190, then we can all work for 50% less. Get the point now?

One question, did the E170's say EXPRESS on the side?

Yo numb nuts. Delta had Express written on their 737 back in 2000. I guess that means they were not mainline pilots flying Delta Express.

M

Latest resources

Back