• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways / America West call from Pilot Recruitment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well according to Ed at one of the brown bag lunches the west side is properly staffed and has zero need to hire through the end of 2007. Hard to believe considering the fact that we are negatively staffed virtually every day and people are starting to get junior assigned. Looks like they are just going to plan on wingin it for the rest of the year. Gonna be a tough summer.

well according to Ed at one of the brown bag lunches the west side is properly staffed and has zero need to hire through the end of 2007. Hard to believe considering the fact that we are negatively staffed virtually every day and people are starting to get junior assigned. Looks like they are just going to plan on wingin it for the rest of the year. Gonna be a tough summer.

I don't know,...I was 46 and had twenty years in when I left.

Leaving as in getting another job elsewhere or leaving as in getting furloughed? Anyway it really doesn't matter. I was 41 when I got hired at this flying circus so I already played that card.

PHXFLYR :cool:

Leaving as in getting another job elsewhere or leaving as in getting furloughed? Anyway it really doesn't matter. I was 41 when I got hired at this flying circus so I already played that card.

PHXFLYR :cool:

Aaaah c'mon. Your situation could be a lot worse. You could be placed on an E190 on the East Coast. Instead, you are flying the Boeing on the sunny West Coast. As a comparison, I've seen the schedules at JetBlue and they are far worse - especially out of LGB.

according to Ed at one of the brown bag lunches the west side is properly staffed and has zero need to hire through the end of 2007.

So if we're properly staffed and canceling flights due to lack of crews now during what's supposed to be the slow time of the year, what the heck is summer going to look like?

It's all part of the master plan......there is none.

You guys read the article on Doogie in Fortune??? How he explaines he lived off the rush of the delta deal, and when it didn't happen, "he had to come back to his old life, just didn't feel the same" The dude ain't happy less he got drama/a rush going on it seems. Party all night in NY, fly back to PHX, sleep in a meeting.
Seeing as how the summer coincides with the proposals of a new contract being put on the table, and how both East and West side are a tad unhappy at the moment. When flights start to cancel, he can just say "The pilots are pissed and not flying what they normally do" and everyone will nod their heads and say....of course....it's the pilots fault...

Yeah. What, he thinks we are going to feel sorry that he had to come back to his old life. Again, how much money has he made during his tenure at AWA/US. Quite a bit. Figures his rich colleagues will take pity on him. And of course. The meltdown that is GOING to occur this summer will be the blamed on the pilots....

It's all part of the master plan......there is none.

You guys read the article on Doogie in Fortune??? How he explaines he lived off the rush of the delta deal, and when it didn't happen, "he had to come back to his old life, just didn't feel the same" The dude ain't happy less he got drama/a rush going on it seems. Party all night in NY, fly back to PHX, sleep in a meeting.
Seeing as how the summer coincides with the proposals of a new contract being put on the table, and how both East and West side are a tad unhappy at the moment. When flights start to cancel, he can just say "The pilots are pissed and not flying what they normally do" and everyone will nod their heads and say....of course....it's the pilots fault...

What does Doug care if the place burns down? He's made 20 million over the past two years (2006 compensation 5.6million, 9 million in options excersized, 2005 compensation 5 million). He can already comfortably retire and dream about what-if with the Delta deal.

The meltdown that is GOING to occur this summer will be the blamed on the pilots....

Come on now, it's not the pilots fault.................it's the JETSTREAM!!

Latest resources

Back