USAirways / America West call from Pilot Recruitment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That said "EXPRESS" on the side.

Yep, those are the ones. US Airways has had several names on their aircraft over the years. The used to have some that said "SHUTTLE" and others that said "METROJET". And even though Metrojet had different pay and work rules, they were ALL flown by US Airways pilots on the US Airways System Seniority List. The ones that said "EXPRESS" on the side were no exception...

Yep, those are the ones. US Airways has had several names on their aircraft over the years. The used to have some that said "SHUTTLE" and others that said "METROJET". And even though Metrojet had different pay and work rules, they were ALL flown by US Airways pilots on the US Airways System Seniority List. The ones that said "EXPRESS" on the side were no exception...

Well if thats the thinking I guess all the CEL folks are on that list too! Our RJ's and Dash's have Express on them! ;-)

I think it's more than reasonable to deduce that those people who flew an aircraft on the US AIRWAYS CERTIFICATE... that used the callsign "USAIR" were US Airways pilots. I was hired in 1/99 and have no problem with them being on the list. Should I?

Last edited:
What about Delta Express?

Well if this thread is true, then all PDT and PSA CEL pilots are about to be screwed. They should not be calling poolies to fill any slots, but rather refering to the CEL to honor our flow through.

Dean regularly posts on a yahoo group for MDA pilots. That is where that came from.

Not to re-open this very old argument, but every pilot that flew at MDA was flying an aircraft on the AAA operating certificate and was on the AAA seniority list. The Arbitrator is tasked with combining the two lists, not determining who should be on the lists. Thats like us making an argument that every AWA pilot that flew DHC-8's on the AWA operating certificate should be removed. They flew an aircraft on the AWA certificate (DHC-8) and were on the seniority list. Personally, I think they were over-reaching in trying to remove CEL pilots in hopes to assure our place on the bottom of the list - which is probably where we will end up. And with no expectation of anything different, I think we will be OK with that. But most CEL pilots were active AAA pilots for almost 2 years flying AAA aircraft....

Using that argument it´s absurd to say that the EAST pilots deserve all widebody flying. We had 747´s at AWA which are bigger than anything Airways ever had....

AG - you seem extremely informed - thanks for all the info ... what do you think about the career prospects of going to US Airways as a new hire on the E190? My other choices - stay at a fractional that treats me well and/or eventually accept a recall to AA (~2000 pilots away from a recall ... anybody's guess as to how long that will take).

I would stick with the AA number. Even assuming several more years in the right seat at AA you will probably have better work rules and higher career earnings. Our mec-jnc won´t even ask for AA concessionary rates (when you factor in a superior retirment). I believe that when AA gets their next contract they are going to leave lcc permanently in the dust.

Big red flags go up when you hear your own union reps (lcc reps) worrying about costing the company too much.

But most CEL pilots were active AAA pilots for almost 2 years flying AAA aircraft....

Correct. And there were about 1700 pilots senior to them who were not called to those positions. A recall out of seniority if I've ever seen one.

Therefore: 1) I WANT MY STOCK, and 2) I WANT MY TIME IN SERVICE ADJUSTED.

Thank you. Get back to me with the details.

BC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back