• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways / America West call from Pilot Recruitment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems like the assumptions for the retirement figures are for age 60. Otherwise those being forced to retire in 2007 & 08 would be ages 64 & 65, and still actively flying?

I was hired into the pool at AWA back in March of 2005- I recieved a voicemail yesterday from USAirways HR as well- never actually talked to the guy though.

Interesting. I think they're really worried that they'll need to hire from outside for the 190 very soon.

This came from Dean C., Furlough Administrator. Here is an excerpt from an email talking about the recall to the 190:

"...they just know they will have trouble
filling the positions and want to know how many APL pilots will accept.
If they can't fill them then they will be offered to the 39 pilots in
the AWA hiring pool and then off the street. They need the lead time to
find pilots if there are not enough here to fill them. I think they
will get enough this time but not sure about next year."

Interesting, I, nor other fuloughees I know got that email. Was it to all the furloughees or just yourself? Just curious....

Also what's interesting, is if AWA wins their CEL arbitration, then where does that leave you guys??? Wasn't their argument, that you shouldn't have been put on the list? Or just that your numbers shouldn't be counted? Either way, should be interesting.

Shocking. The furlough administrator failed to send one of his timely "once every 1.5 year" updates to everyone on the list. (yawn)

The furlough administrators have been useless since the day we left the property.

ALG

did you mean age 60 rule on those retirement numbers?

My bad. It was a typo. Those numbers were based on age 60. The east numbers also included the entire list including furloughed pilots on the list. Sorry for the confusion...

Interesting, I, nor other fuloughees I know got that email. Was it to all the furloughees or just yourself? Just curious....

Also what's interesting, is if AWA wins their CEL arbitration, then where does that leave you guys??? Wasn't their argument, that you shouldn't have been put on the list? Or just that your numbers shouldn't be counted? Either way, should be interesting.

Dean regularly posts on a yahoo group for MDA pilots. That is where that came from.

Not to re-open this very old argument, but every pilot that flew at MDA was flying an aircraft on the AAA operating certificate and was on the AAA seniority list. The Arbitrator is tasked with combining the two lists, not determining who should be on the lists. Thats like us making an argument that every AWA pilot that flew DHC-8's on the AWA operating certificate should be removed. They flew an aircraft on the AWA certificate (DHC-8) and were on the seniority list. Personally, I think they were over-reaching in trying to remove CEL pilots in hopes to assure our place on the bottom of the list - which is probably where we will end up. And with no expectation of anything different, I think we will be OK with that. But most CEL pilots were active AAA pilots for almost 2 years flying AAA aircraft....

My bad. It was a typo. Those numbers were based on age 60. The east numbers also included the entire list including furloughed pilots on the list. Sorry for the confusion...

No man! Thanks for getting that list together. I think those dudes asking for a beyond 60 waiver are taking a shot in the dark..hopefully that won't happen and we can get some movement at this joint before the dreaded 65 thing goes thru in 2 yrs....if at all.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back