• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir To Stop Movies On Domestice Flts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give them a break, at least they are putting up a fight against oil prices with the weight saying it'll save about 14 million a year. People don't complain about Southwest not having it. It sucks but hey what are you going to do...oh yeah "just raise ticket prices"

A good friend of mine which lives close to chief of marketing for us airways and he was told that they're working on to do away with frequent flyers miles in return of some icentives but wasn't told what it was. He was told that their main concern is the chairman preferred customers since they're the bread and butter and the coach seats will have certain period to cash or redeem thier miles or bonuses.
And no my friend is not a pilot if you were wondering how a pilot can live in the same neighborhood of marketing executive.:puke:

Sat in coach on an 8 hour cross the Atlantic flight on USAir last week. It wasn't very enjoyable. To start we all boarded the plane, got seated, and then the captain comes on and says MX needs to fix the smoke detectors and it will be an hour and half delay and we can't get off the plane. They didn't charge us the $5 for the headsets to make up for the delay :rolleyes:. The seats were incredibly uncomfortable (A330) they really have them crammed in there on that A330, they served one meal which was a small boxed sized lunch meal (I brought my own food so I didn't have to suffer), they only came thru twice during the whole flight for drinks (and the prices have gone up on beer and liquor). I know times are a changing but I also fly alot on Foreign carriers across the pond and the service is 100times better. I'm gonna take my family on a European vacation soon and I sure won't be taking a US carrier, I'll take one of the foreign carriers for better service....especially since I'll be dropping a lot of my own coin on the flights..

Last edited:
but I also fly alot on Foreign carriers across the pond and the service is 100times better. I'm gonna take my family on a European vacation soon and I sure won't be taking a US carrier, I'll take one of the foreign carriers for better service....especially since I'll be dropping a lot of my own coin on the flights..

I agree with you on the service, and from what you said it sounded bad.

Just wondering though, I wonder what the price difference is on TransAtlantic on American carriers vs. Foreign ones.

Sat in coach on an 8 hour cross the Atlantic flight on USAir last week ... they only came thru twice during the whole flight for drinks ...

On an 8-hour flight? That's incredible. I was on a two-hour flight on Midwest a couple of days ago, and they came through twice for drinks!

Latest resources

Back