• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir jumpseat - "are you listed?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The govt is dependent on taxpayers and are obligated to give us a return.

Oh cool you're going to forego social security and medicare in your retirement, and no longer drive on public roads. Thanks for not being dependant on the Gubament!

There is some real irony in your "Statement".

Social Security and Medicare will be bankrupt and we will at best receive pennys on the dollar in scheduled benefits. So, yes I will be foregoing it and you will be as well.

Public roads are not entitlement programs. Thanks for watching MSNBC though.

The national debt is now $16,245,318,820,569.34 and it increases $3,000,000 a minute.

Like the others have said, calling ahead lists you as a nonrev (I believe) but not a jumpseater. They have to remove you then relist as a jumpseater. I called for years commuting out of CLT and was finally told to stop doing it by one of the more intelligent gate agents, DTW of all places.

Oh cool you're going to forego social security and medicare in your retirement, and no longer drive on public roads. Thanks for not being dependant on the Gubament!

Actually, I'd be quite happy to forego Social Security. I'd happily make the government a deal: You give me back the $100k that I've personally contributed over my working lifetime, and you can keep the matching $100k that my employers contributed, plus all the growth it's made over the last 35 years or so, and we'll call it good. I'll worry about my own retirement. Deal?

No way, they can't afford to do that, because they're using that money to pay entitlements to people who contributed far less than they'll receive. Think about it, everyone who dies prior to 67 (or whatever age they can collect) just donates their entire contribution to the people collecting, and it's STILL not enough. Too many people are getting paid for other things than "retirement."

Like Weasel Lips said, I don't expect to collect anything from Social Security when I retire. It'll be broke, because of too much fraud, too much government "control and oversight," too many entitlements, and too many times politicians dip into the pool. That's the gov'ment at work.

Bubba

Depends on the station. In CLT and LGA they appear to prefer that you don't list. I asked a CLT agent and said that even if I did list via the phone they'd still have to change it. For some reason all of the smaller stations I've js'd out of, they prefer you to list via the phone. ROA and RIC are like that. Basically I've decided when I'm flying out of a station I'm not familiar with, it's easier to list and work backwards.

This is exactly my experience. 9 out of 10 CLT and LGA agents say don't list and are very accommodating to jumpseaters. The rest of the system is a complete crapshoot. Then again that 1 agent in CLT or LGA that asks you, why didn't you list, I just politely say "I was encouraged to not do that because it causes you more work" and they seem to be ok with that usually.

Latest resources

Back