• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir jumpseat - "are you listed?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sadly more affirmative action programs have been signed into law under republican presidents than democratic ones... don't kid your self, there is very little left of the "Conservative" mentality left in the "R" party.

it's all talk to get your vote and then cut taxes for the top 1%.

Hate to break it to you all; but affirmative action is dead unless you count a very few universities that do it - even those will be DOA when the Supreme Court rules in Jan.

But according to the Glen Beck and Hannity types - I've been flying with nothing but Black females and male pilots. LMAO - you right wing radical nuts will always think stupid crap like this. Just yesterday some nut job I flew with told me - cut PBS and foreign aid and the deficit and debt are gone he blathered on and on. Get real folks 16 trillion will mean increasing revenues to the federal govt. even if u cut all spending.

Just used it. Number is the same, options are now voice prompt.

In defense of the Gate Agents...many times you get the people of the persuasion that just " can't understand normal thinking".

Unfortunately, we have laws in this country that force employers to hire people that can't necessarily do their jobs efficiently, but they look real good as a checkmark on an E.E.O.C. form.

I voted early today to try and correct that...

Whine

When I fly with an incompetent white male I just think, "good ole boys club."

Use Airways regularly and was told multiple times NOT to list. As others have said when you list you actually create more work for the agent, not less.

The root of the problem is that U.S. airlines are not willing to pay to properly train their front line employees. Often times front line employees are given one or two days of training and a manual and then put on the front lines to deal with all of the thousands of possible scenarios they can face on a daily basis. It is hard for the money crunchers to come up with a cost-benefit formula that paints a favorable picture for more training of front-line employees, and thus their training is often put on the back burner, which is why we often have these problems.

At a lot of international airlines the front-line employees are given months of full-time training before heading out to face the public and are considered 'trainees' for at least a year and in some cases up to three years before they are considered fully qualified.

you should not have to do anything to jumpseat at a passenger carrying airline other than show up to the gate with a passport and ID / License / Medical..

The idea that we might have the time to list for a flight, when we're rushing thru our work day and hoping to make that last flight home at the end of a 15 hour day is ludicrous!

There was a time when you just walked up to the captain and gave him your docs and bang! you were on and he was able to put you in any seat of his choice! Lets not cave in so badly as to let crappy unskilled workers like gate agents take away any last vestige of our professional dignity.

At HAL, you can just walk up and get on with any 121 ID and current passport... that's about as much hassle as we hit you with.

And that attitude is exactly why your boy lost..........

With "society" moving towards a nanny state and 47+% depending upon their goverment to take care of them, it will be nearly impossible for a Republican to win. Anyone that says they will cut government entitlement programs will be cast out.

Yo! Gubament checks for all!

(Till the Chinese call their loan......)

The national debt is increasing $3,000,000 every single minute.

With "society" moving towards a nanny state and 47+% depending upon their goverment to take care of them, it will be nearly impossible for a Republican to win. Anyone that says they will cut government entitlement programs will be cast out.

Yo! Gubament checks for all!

(Till the Chinese call their loan......)

The national debt is increasing $3,000,000 every single minute.

Oh cool you're going to forego social security and medicare in your retirement, and no longer drive on public roads. Thanks for not being dependant on the Gubament!

Latest resources

Back