• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir (east) May bid includes 160 recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a 1/99 hire and got my cerfied letter in the mail yesterday. I have 7 days to respond my intentions. Bypass.

fatburger

Fatburger said, "I'm a 1/99 hire and got my cerfied letter in the mail yesterday. I have 7 days to respond my intentions. Bypass."

Well i'll be darned. They got to the 99 "newhires". I'm absolutely amazed that it happened so quickly. I'm Jan 18, 99 and haven't heard a peep since they called for a MidAtlantic class about 2.5 years ago. No letter yet.

So what does the letter say? Do they tell you aircraft type? Domicile? How do they handle the E190 unlimited bypass issue?

-Bender

Last edited:
Does the current contract provide for longevity for pay purposes while on furlough?

NO!!! You come back at the years of service you accrued as an ACTIVE pilot.

discount retailer in CLT

Got to be the rosiest way of saying Family Dollar I have ever seen. Do they still fly the Lears?

Yeah, I guess if they're not going to tell us whether the class is for the E190 or for group II equipment I might as well bypass as well.

I know that I can't do a two-leg commute to E190 pay. With an 8 month old baby the last thing I wanted to do was spend a month in initial right now anyway. I might miss important stuff (like first steps and whatnot)

Found on another msg board

Found on another message board.

To All Furloughed Pilots

The Union would like all furloughed pilots to know that the Company has been sending out illegal “recall” notices which are not in compliance with our collective bargaining agreement.

The Company’s “recall” notices state that:
"Your seniority number falls within the range of those who may possible be
recalled in the near future. In order to plan for the orderly return of recalled
pilots to US Airways, we are asking that you indicate your intention to return to US Airways should you be able to hold a position in the upcoming indoctrination class…Pursuant to Section 23, you must notify this office of your intentions to return or decline recall within seven calendar days of delivery of this letter."

In contrast to the Company’s “recall” notice, which deals in the realm of “possible” and “near future,” Section 23 contains very specific mandates that must be included in a recall notice. The relevant portions of Section 23 state:

"A pilot shall be notified by the Company by "Reply-Requested Telegram" or "Certified Letter - Return Receipt Requested" of his reassignment to duty with the Company. After delivery of such notice to the last address on file with the Company, the pilot shall be allowed a period of seven (7) days in which to notify the Company whether or not he intends to return to active duty. "

Note that our Contract refers to “reassignment to duty” not “may possible[y] be recalled in the near future.” Since there is no reassignment to duty, our pilots should have no obligation to respond to the Company. Unfortunately, as is often the case, neither the Contract language nor our discussions with the Company have yet persuaded the Company of the error of their ways, so the Union was forced to file an MEC grievance.

In the meantime, until this dispute over the illegal “recall” notice is resolved either through the grievance process or by an arbitrator at a System Board Hearing, the Company is apparently attaching consequences for failure to respond to their “recall” notice within seven days. Due to the constraints of the Railway Labor Act, to protect your rights to recall and the seniority list, you should respond to the “recall” notice in a timely fashion (i.e. seven days) in order to protect your rights to recall and your seniority.

Under section 23 of the Contract, you have the right to bypass recall, but you must notify the Company of your election to bypass recall. Additionally, the Union recommends that pilots electing to bypass recall do so only for each specific recall notice. The Company will then be required to re-contact you for each succeeding recall of pilots. If you have additional concerns about your “recall,” contact the MEC Grievance Committee or the Representation staff at the Pittsburgh MEC office.

Last edited:
Found on another message board.

To All Furloughed Pilots

The Union would like all furloughed pilots to know that the Company has been sending out illegal “recall” notices which are not in compliance with our collective bargaining agreement.

The Company’s “recall” notices state that:
"Your seniority number falls within the range of those who may possible be
recalled in the near future. In order to plan for the orderly return of recalled
pilots to US Airways, we are asking that you indicate your intention to return to US Airways should you be able to hold a position in the upcoming indoctrination class…Pursuant to Section 23, you must notify this office of your intentions to return or decline recall within seven calendar days of delivery of this letter."

In contrast to the Company’s “recall” notice, which deals in the realm of “possible” and “near future,” Section 23 contains very specific mandates that must be included in a recall notice. The relevant portions of Section 23 state:

"A pilot shall be notified by the Company by "Reply-Requested Telegram" or "Certified Letter - Return Receipt Requested" of his reassignment to duty with the Company. After delivery of such notice to the last address on file with the Company, the pilot shall be allowed a period of seven (7) days in which to notify the Company whether or not he intends to return to active duty. "

Note that our Contract refers to “reassignment to duty” not “may possible[y] be recalled in the near future.” Since there is no reassignment to duty, our pilots should have no obligation to respond to the Company. Unfortunately, as is often the case, neither the Contract language nor our discussions with the Company have yet persuaded the Company of the error of their ways, so the Union was forced to file an MEC grievance.

In the meantime, until this dispute over the illegal “recall” notice is resolved either through the grievance process or by an arbitrator at a System Board Hearing, the Company is apparently attaching consequences for failure to respond to their “recall” notice within seven days. Due to the constraints of the Railway Labor Act, to protect your rights to recall and the seniority list, you should respond to the “recall” notice in a timely fashion (i.e. seven days) in order to protect your rights to recall and your seniority.

Under section 23 of the Contract, you have the right to bypass recall, but you must notify the Company of your election to bypass recall. Additionally, the Union recommends that pilots electing to bypass recall do so only for each specific recall notice. The Company will then be required to re-contact you for each succeeding recall of pilots. If you have additional concerns about your “recall,” contact the MEC Grievance Committee or the Representation staff at the Pittsburgh MEC office.

Now,why didn't they try to defend the no-furlough clause,over 85,and pension issues the same way?

Latest resources

Back