USAir (east) May bid includes 160 recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You think it will got to '99 hires?

Crap, I guess I've got some thinkin' to do. I was hired there 1/99. Furloughed 3/02. I thought they would send everybody back to the 190 F/O position. When you said the bid was for 76/75 and AB-73 would that be for us too? I know, it's a dumb question, but it has been about 5 years.

I am in corporate now and love the job, but like Bud Man said, the top end pay will never be close.

I think I can pass until they get all the way down the list (probably years) so I would have time.

I have a question for guys there now. When I left, the job was great (except for the furlough part) the money was still there (before 40 - 50% pay cuts) and the schedule was great. I hear all three stink now. I had started my 4th year pay at $108 an hour on the F100. What would the rate be if I came back? Would I start at 4th year pay or get furlough longevity? How are the trips? I'm sure I would be reserve out of PHL. Live in CLT now. How is commuting? Thanks to anyone for some answers.

I have a question for guys there now. When I left, the job was great (except for the furlough part) the money was still there (before 40 - 50% pay cuts) and the schedule was great. I hear all three stink now. I had started my 4th year pay at $108 an hour on the F100. What would the rate be if I came back? Would I start at 4th year pay or get furlough longevity? How are the trips? I'm sure I would be reserve out of PHL. Live in CLT now. How is commuting? Thanks to anyone for some answers.

I'm not there.....out like you at the moment. But, the pay for 4th year, group 2 is $73/hr. If it's not that and you end up on the 190 it's.....ready?.....$49/hr.

That, and you only get one week vacation until year seven.

Easy choice, eh?

You think it will got to '99 hires?

Crap, I guess I've got some thinkin' to do. I was hired there 1/99. Furloughed 3/02. I thought they would send everybody back to the 190 F/O position. When you said the bid was for 76/75 and AB-73 would that be for us too? I know, it's a dumb question, but it has been about 5 years.

I am in corporate now and love the job, but like Bud Man said, the top end pay will never be close.

I think I can pass until they get all the way down the list (probably years) so I would have time.

Here's a pretty good website what the pay will be;

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.info/

Good Luck with your decision.

Number so far

I have reliable information that the 160 letters go to number 3320. The '99 hires in January are around 3550. So, it looks like about another 250 before they get to the 1999 guys. All that can change depending upon how many pass recall.

Iflewjetz:

Do you work for a discount retailer based in CLT? If so, I think we met at NBAA. I was a 1/99 hire at USAir also.

If the recall rate is at 25% how long do they have to go after recalling 160 pilots? Thanks!

Since nobody responded to your actual question,

AFTER they get the 160, and assuming a 1 of 4 acceptance it would look like this:

1900 on the APL (furlough list)
-200 or so retired/resigned
-450 already called
-640 to get the 160 leaves about
500ish remaining on furlough who have not been given a chance to come back; so at a 25% rate just another 125 recalls would mean first pass of the list complete and could easily happen by year's end.

I have reliable information that the 160 letters go to number 3320. The '99 hires in January are around 3550. So, it looks like about another 250 before they get to the 1999 guys. All that can change depending upon how many pass recall.

Bud,

Is Mike going back?

Swaayze,

They're still calling those who "resigned". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that those who resigned shortly after 09/11 did so under duress. Can't resign from a company that you dont work for.

Latest resources

Back