• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir Base Bid Published

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Enjoy that elite E190 flying....must be fun to bid in the bottom 2% of a fleet....enjoy the holidays and weekends till you jump off the bottom...I am enjoying my time in PHX with pilots with positive views on life, not bitter old angry Easties I see in the system.

And who exactly made bitter comments here just a few days ago? Doesn't sound much like "positive views of life" (unless Schadenfreude is part of it in your life).

And who exactly made bitter comments here just a few days ago? Doesn't sound much like "positive views of life" (unless Schadenfreude is part of it in your life).

They project their own bitterness on everyone they see with a USAir uniform East of the Mississippi. :D With the new pay rates, 16% 401K, the rapid retirements, and the insane numbers of new pilots being hired, there is an excitement and enthusiasm in the East like I never seen. :)

Dornier,

How about some more facts from the other thread? You know the SSN vs the east pilot taking pictures up 16 year old passenger dresses. You seemed to excuse yourself rather quickly.

Dornier, no bitterness from me, just questions about your hull lost record and pilot error questions. Got your panties all bunched up over that if I recall. Nice sad sack FO in FLL yesterday on your 737...captain jacket but FO epaulets...only one wearing a jacket in 85f heat... Sad....

PS- all I see in CLT and PHL are sad old guys who never smile back... But this is daytime weekdays no holidays, so weekends must be different I guess?

Last edited:
Most likely snapshot already taken. I'm sure USAPA will use as evidence of something akin to career expectations, yes I know it's ironic. The question is though, will USAPA be around? Who knows. I do find it interesting though that some of the third listers I know want to bid west as soon as they can, even though there is very little movement. They were very disappointed new hires are heading west, but third listers can't. Part of it could be geographic preference, but from what they've said some of it I think is that for a group that is supposedly wining, the east as a whole is a very angry group.

No offense HP but I gotta call ya out on your comments- I have flown with many third listers and not one has said I want to go west, as a matter of fact I have flown with a handful of west guys ( you know - those who were smart enough to take an east position ) and they are very happy ( as well as being great folks to fly with ).

Can't really find the angry first officer club around here , and most folks are pretty happy right now. I can't speak for what's going on out West - but I sure hope it improves for you all as well - we have to move on ( I know it is hard when many thought they won a lottery ) and make this a great place to work for those of us who are either at the end of their career or at the beginning or just in the middle

Metrojet

Most likely snapshot already taken. I'm sure USAPA will use as evidence of something akin to career expectations, yes I know it's ironic. The question is though, will USAPA be around? Who knows. I do find it interesting though that some of the third listers I know want to bid west as soon as they can, even though there is very little movement. They were very disappointed new hires are heading west, but third listers can't. Part of it could be geographic preference, but from what they've said some of it I think is that for a group that is supposedly wining, the east as a whole is a very angry group.

As a recently hired 3rd list pilot, I don't see this as the case at all. Every pilot I have flown with, from junior captain to senior captain, has been friendly. My experience is that although many don't smile while walking through the airport, the same folks will be the ones that to buy a rookie F/O a beer on their overnight.

I know of several guys that are looking to head out west, but it's because of their current commute. Many newhires I know live around Texas and AZ.

Positive views on life eh Carl S??? You seem like a pretty miserable effer to me. Seems like all you do is spew a bunch of hate around. Who gloats after an accident? And especially after an accident at your own airline. Ever hear of karma?? I forgot you don't make mistakes and have zero percent chance of being involved in something like this.

Dollar... Just calling as I see it. Easties called us rookies to our faces, yet only they have hull losses post merger...karma? You have to accept mistakes...Usapa supporters always looking to shift blame, man up...enjoy your weekend, life is short...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back