Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAF Uniform Board - Aim High (with Crack!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dtfl noted
You mean the Hurricane Hunters...I hear the rest of us have to wear them.

True. There's a special Congressional line item to have ours specially tailored by Brioni, made of 100% cashmere with a special 7-fold scarf to match. Each of us will have three uniforms, one for wear at Keesler, one with a very subtle flower pattern for deployments to Hawaii, and a tropical weight uniform for St. Croix deployments. Gotta look our best for the Discovery Channel!!;) Oh, and did I mention that we'll each have a specially made pair of Lucchese alligator boots.

Yikes

I like 'em...

NOT! What a colassal waste of time and money. I'd bet even McPeak is laughing out loud. That one pilot general with the DFC better feel like a complete dufass and retire. He probably wasn't a bad guy right up until he agreed to pose for that train wreck in blue. Someone earlier wrote that the CSAF was pissed the pics got out, I read in AF Times he was the one that ordered the uniform ideas to get back to our roots and to look more military versus a business suit with ribbons. The USAF tradition is to change the uniform every 10 years. Just because I don't wear blues ever doesn't mean I still wouldn't be embarassed as hell by those insane ideas.

There is an important lesson to be learned here: Always be the one taking the pictures and never the one in the pictures.

PHX767 said:
This is worse than the McPeak ice cream suit of the 80's.

The McPeak suits came out in circa 1992. Thank God Fogelman killed them in circa 1995. The gay a$$ fag bags disapeared sooner than that.

Deuce130 said:
You think we should have the Army's bdu's for our service dress? That'd look funny.

No the duty uniform for non aircrew. Sorry for the confusion. A little venting on my part regarding the blue tiger stripe uniform in the pipeline.

71KILO said:
The McPeak suits came out in circa 1992. Thank God Fogelman killed them in circa 1995. The gay a$$ fag bags disapeared sooner than that.

I remember seeing a pic of Fogleman and McPeak together in Vietnam, when they were both flying fighters there. Funny how things happen later on.

Now if there was just SAC and TAC again : )

The last time we changed the uniform was so that airmen would "save" money in the long run. I'd like to see how they work that into this new lineup!!???!!!

On a separate note... let's see what it looks like on a fat guy/girl!! Oh man, that'd be real fugly!!!!

Personally, I like the idea of looking at our heritage to come up with a new uniform. The problem is it's "another" new uniform. The leadership needs to frickin' pick one and let it be for 200 years. We need to start somewhere.

If you're in the Air Force and really really hate whatever they select, you'll get one anyways when the need arrives. I'd like to think you'll get it because you're a professional military officer and not a pilot that just happens to be in the Air Force...especially you wannabee AF pilots.

If you're offended by this, blame it on my brief joint experience. We (USAF) can't even figure out what type of hat to wear with the DCU/flightsuit!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back