Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAF Uniform Board - Aim High (with Crack!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually....go to a Star Wars site and look at the Officer uniforms from the Death Star. THAT is what they look like....and all of those were patterned after WWI Army uniforms.

So sad and pathetic, a complete waste of time and energy -- resources we don't have . . . misguided direction during a time of war. O, and let's cut some more bone and muscle (pending personnel cuts). Where is the focus today . . . surely it doesn't seem to be on an enemy who is intent in destroying us and our way of life. Aaaah . . . , I'm probably not smart enough to see the focus if it hit me between the eyes. Wonder when the last time the Marines changed their uniforms, not counting the BDUs they use now . . .

D@mn glad I'm retired . . . but then some of you are glad I retired, too.

To those of you still serving, I thank God each and every day for your sacrifices and service. Be safe / be deadly. Godspeed.

On one note,

Can you imagine any overweight Guard member trying to put on that belt?
They don't make belts that big... :)

Can you imagine any overweight Guard member trying to put on that belt?

Hey, why're you excluding us Reservists?!?!;)

More money wasting. We should have gone with the Army's new uniform and been done with it. The ABUs don't have enough pockets and the ones they have are in the wrong place and then there is the pattern that stands out and says "HEY! HERE I AM! SHOOT ME! SHOOT ME! I'M IMPORTANT."
The point is to try not to look important, it draws fire.
Not all AF types spend our days inside the wire.

Last edited:
And I just recently bought the "new" uniform (new about 10 years ago...)! I WILL NOT buy this uniform.

Those pictures make McPeak's changes look like minor alterations.

RVSM said:
More money wasting. We should have gone with the Army's new uniform and been done with it. The ABUs don't have enough pockets and the ones they have are in the wrong place and then there is the pattern that stands out and says "HEY! HERE I AM! SHOOT ME! SHOOT ME! I'M IMPORTANT."
The point is to try not to look important, it draws fire.
Not all AF types spend our days inside the wire.

You think we should have the Army's bdu's for our service dress? That'd look funny.

You know what they are missing? Real FUR collars and cuffs. Now that would be make em' look good. Maybe even fur caps. What the heck, if you are going to spend money, lets really spend money....

Think we could get them through the system then?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back