• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAF Officer Takes FO's Place During Medical Emergency

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I want to know who made the PA "is their a pilot on board?" The FA's or the captain? Was the Air Force guy in his flight suit? Was he jumpseating? How did the captain know that this Air Force guy even existed in the first place?

JAFI said:
The question “Is the CFR’s a law?” may be a matter of semantics. Perhaps better left to a room full of lawyers or a discussion in a Law Review publication. Some info and links are below.
That's funny...maybe Title 14 of the CFR's is "a matter of semantics", but under Title 27 of the CFRs you can get 10 years in prison and a 250,000 dollar fine for any number of offenses. Nothing like getting semantically involved with a cell mate nick named "Bronco Buster" in Club Fed.

Good grief,

None of us were there. Anyone who feels the need to monday morning quarterback an incident as straightforward as this ought to have a big steaming cup of you-know-what.

How did things turn out for the FO? Is He/She O.K?

FN FAL,

One or the posters asked the question "is the CDF's a law"? My poorly worded response was with the words "Law" and "Regulation", if we are required to follow both does it matter if it is called a Law or Regulation? There for my comment about a disscussion in a Law School about the difference in the two words.

Nothing more.

JAFI

avbug said:
Probably something along the lines of, "Gee, I had the fish, too..."

Absolutely incorrect, and a common misconception. The ASRS program does not insulate one from enforcement action. In fact, you may very well receive a violation; the difference between one who has legitimately filed a timely report and one who hasn't is that the person who filed the report still receives the violation, but doesn't pay the penalty.

obviously avbug knows nothing about airline operations. The dude was talking about an ASAP form .. not just ASRS. as for you other guys arguing with avbug, you are wasting your energy, he likes to turn every post into an argument to prove that he is better than other people. Just ignore him.
I thought this whole post was about some poor co-pilot who had a seizure, anybody heard about his condition or what caused it? If it was the fish, then where did he buy it so I don't eat there.

Actually, if you read the post, both ASAP and ASRS were identified (IFLYGUY, "But I'll guarantee that guy filled out an ASAP/NASA form (or both) after he landed and that WILL insulate his behind from enforcement action."), and no, he didn't specify which program it was to which he referred.

I did take exception to an innacurate statement regarding enforcement action and the formal declaration of an emergency; my statement was true, and correct.

Other posters also made in accurate statements regarding the ASRS (and ASAP), to which I responded. You do read, don't you?

I'm sure you do. Apparently it's not a reading issue, then, but a comprehension issue. If you'd read my original post in this thread, it didn't address the issue of protection or reporting programs at all; I stated that the Captain had acted within his discretion in taking the action he did, as PIC and Captain of that aircraft under emergency authority. You probably didn't read that, either. My second post said nothing of that, I didn't mention it until it was brought up, in accurately, and I am well within my discretion to do so.

You, on the other hand, never seem to post without attacking someone. Usually me. Certainly doesn't lend much credibility to anything that pops off your keyboard now, does it?

Try the fish.

Of course this captain could land the A/C single pilot with no one in the right seat- as long as nothing else went wrong such as a gear extension problem, low approach, missed single engine ect. This Cpt. was covering all the bases and thinking ahead. Kudos to him. As far as verifying ID, Im sure he knows what a millitary I.D. looks like or a couple questions would be sufficient.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back