USAA Opens Doors to All Military

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mamma

Did you get the email? Looks like anyone who has served honorably can now join USAA. I wonder if they are going to have to raise rates to cover claims from the "incoming" group or if they anticipate getting enough of them to pretty much maintain the status quo.

The banking is open to anyone I believe, but the insurance requires military affiliation. USAA is advertising hard locally. I still can't get 'desposit@home' to work on by Vista box.

Did you get the email? Looks like anyone who has served honorably can now join USAA. I wonder if they are going to have to raise rates to cover claims from the "incoming" group or if they anticipate getting enough of them to pretty much maintain the status quo.
I believe they made the move about 7-8 years ago.

Been with them 43 years, not the cheapest, but tops in service.

It used to be the cheapest too. It seems prices have gone up since they started letting the E- ranks join. I don't think adding Pvt. Snuffy is going to help either.

Gee, I guess those darn E's screw everything up, huh, General? Or is it Admiral?

Gee, I guess those darn E's screw everything up, huh, General? Or is it Admiral?

No, but as a general rule of thumb you can bet your the run of the mill O (vice average 18 year old E-2) has their finances in better order, and carry a better credit rating. Thus they are less of a risk and better for the bottom line. Believe it.

Flame away.

I too have used USAA almost exclusively for everything from insurance, to auto finance, banking, to my mortgage. Unless something radical changes in their service, I'll never leave.

The discussion wasn't about enlisted guys screwing up everything. It was about added insurance cost due to increased risk. My opinion (in regards to risk) is based on my experiences picking up my young soldiers from local police and MP stations in the middle of the night because they went out and did something stupid. Something I doubt you have any experience with.

The military wouldn't operate without the enlisted personal. I started out there myself and have the utmost respect for their service. Something else I doubt you have any experience with.

Latest resources

Back