USA TODAY: Southwest Beating Republic to Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

SWA can't take some of the Frontier pilots (or the Lynx pilots), if they buy Frontier they have to take them all. SWA did NOT buy ATA. The Lynx thing I'm still a little confused. Could SWA buy Frontier Airlines ONLY, and not Frontier Holdings? Frontier Holdings owns both Frontier Airlines and Lynx, according to another poster, so, theoretically, could SWA buy Frontier AIRLINES only and leave Lynx alone???

Also, and this has been posted a lot, SWA's plan is to keep Frontier separate, until their planes are replaced. As SWA gets a new 737, they will phase out a Frontier Airbus. This will mean that SWA will require the same number of pilots with and without Frontier.

cliff
NBO

'

Southwest is simply buying out their competition in Denver. The following numbers reflect current traffic pct. of total Denver traffic:

Southwest 13.7% plus Frontier 21.2% for a total of 34.9%.

United carried 34.2%.

Should Southwest succeed, they will immediately control Denver traffic

Your theory only holds true if every pax from F9 comes to you, which I doubt.

I hope RAH is sucessful. After giving it thought this would allow for a much quicker death to the RAH cancer. If they fail they may be able to stay in business....which is unacceptable.

Hi!

SWA can't take some of the Frontier pilots (or the Lynx pilots), if they buy Frontier they have to take them all. SWA did NOT buy ATA. The Lynx thing I'm still a little confused. Could SWA buy Frontier Airlines ONLY, and not Frontier Holdings? Frontier Holdings owns both Frontier Airlines and Lynx, according to another poster, so, theoretically, could SWA buy Frontier AIRLINES only and leave Lynx alone???

Also, and this has been posted a lot, SWA's plan is to keep Frontier separate, until their planes are replaced. As SWA gets a new 737, they will phase out a Frontier Airbus. This will mean that SWA will require the same number of pilots with and without Frontier.

cliff
NBO

I would bet that JA from SKYW INC has already made a deal with SWA to take the Q400s off their hands.

As for the rest, look at Midway and that will be a sign on whats to come for the employees at Frontier.

Hi!

Midway can NOT happen today, if SWA (or Republic) BUYS Frontier.

If they, and Republic, do NOT buy Frontier, then who knows???

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back