Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No tip

What an A$$

Cut the pilot workforce by 1,100? I guess the plan is to shift the DC-9 type flying to a regional partner. Not good for anyone.

1181, What!

Furlough 1181 and no mention of what flying they will cut back on? Sounds like they might be setting the pilots up like they did the mechanics. I hope not.

YEP THE WORD IS OUTSOURCE< outsource flying to cheaper labor with less retirement cost and who would that be THEY CAN'TDO THAT. HMMMMMMMMMM maybe the regionals that thay codeshare with(control) all of airline labor is in the cross hairs. so instead of saying "it's not my battle" or "they are just greedy" when are we goin to realize that we all have a dog in this fight. I don't care if you work for United, NWA, US, ATA, or a small maintence shop that is nonunion.
when ones wages and benifits are attacked we are are being attacked.

IF YOU WORK FOR SOMEONE YOU ARE LABOR> YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF YOUR OWN DESTINY

Last edited:
vtwo said:
YEP THE WORD IS OUTSOURCE< outsource flying to cheaper labor with less retirement cost and who would that be THEY CAN'TDO THAT. HMMMMMMMMMM maybe the regionals that thay codeshare with(control) all of airline labor is in the cross hairs. so instead of saying "it's not my battle" or "they are just greedy" when are we goin to realize that we all have a dog in this fight. I don't care if you work for United, NWA, US, ATA, or a small maintence shop that is nonunion.
when ones wages and benifits are attacked we are are being attacked.

IF YOU WORK FOR SOMEONE YOU ARE LABOR> YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF YOUR OWN DESTINY

Ditto.

I dunno...what's the latest on PCL alter ego type? That is where the flying will probably go. They want to start their own type that is independent of NWA with NWA still pulling the strings...they want to fly jets in the 70-100 seat market.

Should be interesting...

Latest resources

Back