Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GuppyPuppy

Living the Dream
Just got in to BOS after a red-eye and picked up the pilot's favorite free paper, the USA Today. There is an article about the age and fuel ineficency (sorry for the spelling...it's early! Or is it late?) of NWA's DC-9's. It is accompanied by a picture of a DC-9. Problem is the editor saw a plane with a T-tail and two rear engines and automatically assumed it was a DC-9. It is a CRJ 200.

As for the article...lots of fluff, just like CNN Headline News. It had the potential for a good article, but winds up not really telling us much of anything. Oh well, it is the USA Today!

Time to get some sleep.

GP

According to the morning news in MSP... channel 5..... One mech in Detroit and another in Minneapolis crossed... ?

Is it true they want another 800-1000 Pilot furloughs? WTFO ?

The van driver for the Comfort Inn in MSP said the guys were wasting their time. 'AMFA boys are screwed' He spewed crap for a while ... I couldnt believe my ears.... I asked him... what happened to supporting union employees ? He said screw em... I only make 7.50 and hour ? Wow.... I hope this isnt an indicator for the rest of our fine nation.... First it the Steel Mills, Coal Miners, Railroads, Auto workers..... I guess it's the Airline's turn.

Was Marx a Union guy ? Hang in there AMFA.... the Flight Attendants are on the way....

true that. you don't want to at least fake support for a striking union to another unions face-No tip for you. good day. I said GOOD-DAY!

fbt

mnboyev said:
The van driver for the Comfort Inn in MSP said the guys were wasting their time. 'AMFA boys are screwed' He spewed crap for a while ... I couldnt believe my ears.... I asked him... what happened to supporting union employees ? He said screw em... I only make 7.50 and hour ?
The next thing you should have said was "and what kind of training and expenses did you go through to get your job?" With his tips he probably makes more than a regional jet f.o. I hope you didn't tip him after that comment.

mnboyev said:
According to the morning news in MSP... channel 5..... One mech in Detroit and another in Minneapolis crossed... ?

Is it true they want another 800-1000 Pilot furloughs? WTFO ?

It is rumored that 4 or 5 AMFA guys crossed the line. Unsure of location.

The Company's latest proposal calls for 1181 additional pilot furloughs.

They also want to outsource 50% of the International F/A flying.

320AV8R

"Northwest, which operates hubs in Detroit, Minneapolis and Memphis, has proposed cutting pilot pay by an additional 22.3% and reducing the pilot work force by up to 1,181, the Star Tribune newspaper said Monday. Northwest has about 5,200 active pilots and more than 500 pilots on furlough" Source:USA Today 8/29/05

Wow.... and the CEO made 5 million last year? What a dik!

Latest resources

Back