• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Today: Concerns arise over regional airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"It's safer to fly an airplane than it is to take a shower," said Jonathan Ornstein, chairman and CEO of Mesa Air Group, which operates regional airlines. "No fatalities last year. That speaks for itself."

Oh my God. That's the stupidest sh** I've ever heard. How does this guy take a shower? Standing on his fu***g head I assume.
I think he's talking about a prison shower

said Jonathan Ornstein, chairman and CEO of Mesa Air Group, which operates regional airlines. "No fatalities last year. That speaks for itself."

Wow pat yourself on the back.

said Jonathan Ornstein, chairman and CEO of Mesa Air Group, which operates regional airlines. "No fatalities last year. That speaks for itself."

Reminds me of Chris Rock:

"Least I'm not in jail...."
"I take care of my kids....."

"My airline hasn't killed anyone....."

Reminds me of Chris Rock:

"Least I'm not in jail...."
"I take care of my kids....."

"My airline hasn't killed anyone....."

Yet...........

I tried to explain the rest problem to some one last night. They told me we are tired because of lack of discipline. The public doesn't care they think this is an easy job and anyone can do it. The public takes air travel for granted and they feel it is a right.

Yes, flying is no longer a luxury. It was the 53rd Amendment. The right to bear Boarding Passes.

The real problem that should be addressed is the the airlines hiring 200-500tt hour pilots to fly airliners at the regionals. I would rather have an experienced tired pilot than an inexperienced low time fully awake pilot at the controls. JMHO

Latest resources

Back