• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet SUCKS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, if all you have is lemons, make lemonade. PilotYip can now get a college degree, and find a real job.
He doesn't need to get a college degree he's got one - actually, he's got two. He's doing fine, I imagine he's glad to not be defending everything to CH or the like.

I think YIP is a little too old for that. I never bought into that no College degree thing, and oddly while at USA Jet I started to finish up my degree, compliments of the company. Unfortunately, it is now on my tab.

YIP may have some crazy opinions, but what do you get out of kicking a man that just got laid off?

Last edited:
where is my 60 day serverns is it not a fed. law ? not porky just a feright dog !!! 15 years down the tubes. thanks chris !!!!!!!!!!

i'm glad to hear pilotyip is fine and I wish all jetusa drivers the best. one thing for sure is that pilotyip always tried to blow sunshine up your a$$ about active, when it has been quite different for at least a few years.

where is my 60 day serverns is it not a fed. law ? not porky just a feright dog !!! 15 years down the tubes. thanks chris !!!!!!!!!!

In those years, did you ever go down the hall and talk with managment to try and diversify the company? Did anybody?

In those years, did you ever go down the hall and talk with managment to try and diversify the company? Did anybody?
I and others brought up the idea in pilots meetings regularly. The responses:

Why aren't we getting into large aircraft ACMI like Connie: Not our business.

We sat by and watching Connie go from 2 airplanes to 20 and make millions.

Why don't we run one or two of the parked DC-9s for someone like DHL: We make a higher profit margin on on-demand freight.

Meanwhile JUS parks more and more airplanes.
Why don't we do some passenger stuff: Not our business (heard prior to 2003, then it was our business for some reason)

Why don't we do more stuff on the west coast?: Not our business

I could go on and on. PilotYIP was good at thinking up new ideas. Unfortunately, upper management never wanted to do anything other than auto freight.

Last edited:
I aint talking about no pilot scum walking down the hall, but all the good time buddys that got together for lunch everyday.

Does anybody even thing that RM would even think of doing anything other than come in everyday, intimidate crews, and act like he cared?

These guys were so out of touch, that they could even fire guys the right way.

All I'm saying, is that no one should be upset, shocked, blind sided of this company going the way it did, especially Porky, PYIP, and anybody else that spent anytime around that place.

It was a battered pilot shelter for years, many who are good friends, ans some of the hardest working, but it is what it is. The guys who left 3-5 years ago all saw the writing on the wall, the ones who stayed decided to ride the ship down, which most knew what was coming.

They could have found the talent to make it, but that meant removing people who were to entreched.

Theres no escape from the Willow Run Vortex.

I bet it was one hell of a tax rightoff though.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back