• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
USA JET SUCKS -

Sad to see so many good employees take it in the shorts. Looks like Porky was right the whole time. One doesn't spend 17 years there and not know what was going on.

Hopefully, some of the employees there were able to hear what Porky was saying...and maybe got a jump (maybe not) on looking for something else.

Sadly, aviation in Detroit is looking much like the Big 3. With congress making a big deal about the CEOs flying into Washington...they showed them by...what I hear, getting rid of their flight departments. Nice.

Chris Healy always spoke about looking at historical data to predict future business. Well when you look at Chris historically you see someone whom ran a company out of business. Not only did he bankrupt that California company, but did it during the financial glory years of Clinton. Now he has b!tch Danny Clifton. Yep look at Danny's stellar record; fired from Abex, bankrupt Kittyhawk. Now he is helping destory peoples lives that have put everything they had into USA Jet. Why not fire that useless old flea bag of a chief pilot? He gets paid way to much and he's useless. How about fast-tracker, why is he still there? I know that all of us that were blind sided will move on, one day. Those that are still there, bring it down. I have heard once San Jaun is done you will be on the street with us. Thanks Chris for ruining a good thing, you were so out of touch. You never listened to those that knew. I can only hope those that were put out right before the holiday season will be fortunate enough to be surrounded by friends and family. Thanks M0ther********************er!!!!!

I hear that frequent poster pilotyip was also let go. Bad news all around for USA Jet guys. :(

how many are on furlough at USA JET? Also how many DC-9's are left?

8 pilots remain. I heard 1 freighter, 4 pax planes, but I could be wrong. They also are paying the newly fired pilots a contract rate of $250 a day for FO's and $400 for CA's....thats just another slap in the face.

Yes yes, big surprise that a poorly run aviation company went out of business. Good luck to the men and women that made working there so much fun.

Hi.

5 PAX, 4 freighters being run with 8 full-time pilots.

Probably sold, or out of business by the end of the year.

Sad...

But, on the bright side, for everyone terminated, there are TONS of jobs out there!

Oh, OK, maybe not so many :-(

cliff
YIP

how many are on furlough at USA JET?

Furlough??? None of us were furloughed... ok well at least not the first group. We were all 'terminated' due to economic slow down. none of us have any right to recall or anything...

Sad to see USA Jet go down. As much as i may have complained about the pager, I liked that job and miss it. Seeing usa jet's DC-9 in San Juan everyday is a heart breaker and it hasn't flown for at least 5 days... maybe more. good luck to all my fellow USA Jet-ers that have recently gotten the same bad news as me... hard pill to swallow... hang in there.

And who didnt see this coming?

Bad economy or not, 5 years ago a downward spiral started, and no one in managment had the talent to pull it out.

There were things that could have been done, but I guess it was too easy just to show up everyday and collect there pay as if everything would be OK.

My predictions were almost 100% true, and right on time.

Yes, a true statement "USAJet Sucks", but not because of the workforce. Good luck guys.

I hear that frequent poster pilotyip was also let go. Bad news all around for USA Jet guys. :(

Well, if all you have is lemons, make lemonade. PilotYip can now get a college degree, and find a real job.

Latest resources

Back