USA JET PILOTS: Now what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get some time

Hey Buckeye, if you want your type rating in the DC-3, you should sign up for some trips. Schedule is in your box, we got tons of flying. Had a neat trip to OSH last week, picked parts at the EAA museum.

Last edited:
hey clansinclair, I dont really appreciate your allegations towards Ameristar ,first off you need to have your facts strait before you start to run your mouth off you proababaly need to go through a ameristar training program before you start to bad mouth and go off on hear say and get your head out of your butt and realize we are all pilots here and there is no hidden agenda to sabatoge airplanes or run drugs..or whatever crap that you dream up. you actually must be some suit in upper management or some brainwashed drone led to believe that the propaganda that you are posting is true. The truth of the matter is that the allegations you posted towards Ameristar pilots is crap and you have shamed yourself and tried to bring us down with you to counter act your downfall and to look at us to be your punching bag to cope with your problems. well I got news for you thats not our business we fly airplanes. Management is management if we see something that is not right we tell them and it is corrected thats our job its no to slander or discriminate against the compotion. so please leave the pilots out of it we are all taking steps in our career to advance. stop badmouthing us... Ill buy the first round when in Yip

GotnoTime,

Your point is taken. I agree that 99% of the PILOTS at Ameristar are probably a bunch of good guys just trying to earn a living like the rest of us, and doing your best to do what you have to do until you can get a better job. OK?

Our beef is with Ameristar the company. I'll say this one more time. If your company can operate safely, by the same rules as the rest of us, and compete ethically and honorably, we have no problem with your competition.

However, we KNOW that Ameristar the company hasn't had a stellar performance record in any of the aforementioned areas, and that's the whole industry's disgust with your company. We don't blame you, the pilots.

Your company did have a "spy" in our Customer Service Department. He was discovered, fired, and litigation was sought against him. One of your former Captains who came to work here personally told me of the of the flight log and maintenance log "manipulations". We've seen your company underbid charters to the point of ridiculousness, which naturally begs the question, "Where's your money coming from because you're sure not making money on charters consistently." We know about the lawsuit, which your company lost in court, by a former Ameristar empoyee that had "the goods" against your company, a matter of public record.
We know that, until recent FAA mandates, that your company's "training program" was less than adequate.
We've seen your company win bids for charters based on certain performance expectations and then not deliver as promised, which we knew couldn't possibly be done as advertized. A whole host of "underhanded" business practices that call to question the integrity of the Ameristar organization as a whole.

Finally, the only reason this whole conversation, back and forth, has come about is because one of your "decent, good guy pilots" tried to tout the virtues of your company when it became known that our company instituted a pilot pay cut, and then had the "crust" to say that the reason Ameristar was "winning out" in the on-demand industry was due to "smart management and efficient operations." Then on top of that, he made a futile attempt to throw "egg on my face" because a few months earlier I had written some very deserving compliments about USA Jet, and dared me to try and refute his virtuous claims about Ameristar the company.

I have nothing personal against the PILOTS of Ameristar, but I have personally experienced the less than friendly "comraderie" on the road by some of your "decent, good guy" pilots. Now I realize this is a matter of personal perception, and I'm willing to admit that I could've read them wrong. If so, I do apologize, but please spare me the "pep talk" about how "superior" your company is. I know better.

Hi!

I know one guy that was here that used to be at Ameristar. However, he was at Ameristar about 10 years ago or so.

I'm sure Ameristar and USA Jet 10 years ago were a lot different than they are now.

I don't think there are any recent USAJet guys at Ameristar, and there are no recent Ameristar guys at USAJet.

I don't see how anyone at USAJet knows how things are at Ameristar now, and vice versa.

I have had good experiences with Ameristar pilots and everyone else on the road, including Cherry, Kalitta Charters, Falcon Air, and Grand Aire (Tri-Coastal).

While the above mentioned companies are competitors, all of us pilots are blue-collar service personnel. We are all working hard in an occupation that (most of us) enjoy. We're all trying to make a living. I think that we (pilots) have a lot more in common with each other than any of us do with our senior management.

Good trips to you, fly safe, and if you meet me on the road say hi-I'll definitely say hi back, and I'll try and talk your ear off if you let me.

God bless,

Cliff
YIP

atpcliff said:
Hi!

I know one guy that was here that used to be at Ameristar. However, he was at Ameristar about 10 years ago or so.

I'm sure Ameristar and USA Jet 10 years ago were a lot different than they are now.

I don't think there are any recent USAJet guys at Ameristar, and there are no recent Ameristar guys at USAJet.

I don't see how anyone at USAJet knows how things are at Ameristar now, and vice versa.

I have had good experiences with Ameristar pilots and everyone else on the road, including Cherry, Kalitta Charters, Falcon Air, and Grand Aire (Tri-Coastal).

While the above mentioned companies are competitors, all of us pilots are blue-collar service personnel. We are all working hard in an occupation that (most of us) enjoy. We're all trying to make a living. I think that we (pilots) have a lot more in common with each other than any of us do with our senior management.

Good trips to you, fly safe, and if you meet me on the road say hi-I'll definitely say hi back, and I'll try and talk your ear off if you let me.

God bless,
Cliff

YIP

atpcliff,

Thank-You for the moment of clarity.

Finally a sane individual makes a post on this thread. I have been watching this thread for a couple of days now and I am amazed. I flew professionaly off of Willow from 1992 to 2000. The work was very severe and your life was the job. In the early 90's flight and duty times were a joke and MX was done when the airplane physically could not be flown anymore. That was the norm. These days over there its more like the friggen Majors and yet you get threads like this. I guess its like I say about everything else in our current society,,,"Kids these days".

USA Jet bids

I heard that JUS has about 5 bids out for some type of increase in flying, does anyone know anything about these bids they have out there?

Just curious.

atpcliff said:
What the heck is this thing??? It has Swiss? markings, and a twin tail.

I guess you ask about that plane in your Avatar?

Well, that's the famous D-FOXY, at least famous in Europe. This aircraft was originally a piston-engined Dornier C-3603 reconnaissance and attack fighter built in 1942. In the early 70s it was converted by F+W Emmen to a turboprop C-3605 target-tug. Due to the lighter weight of the turboprop engine, the nose had to be lengthened substantially. After flying with the Swiss Air Force as C-535, it became N7129V, and finally D-FOXY. It was then flown by a Lufthansa Captain in his spare time for all kinds of stuff, fly-bys on airshows, advertising and what not. It has 1150 Shaft HP and is quite a sight, especially due to the paint job. Unfortunately in 2002 Foxy and a chase plane collided in midair during formation flight for some kind of air-to-air camera shoot. The chase plane disintegrated in the air, the pilot and the camerman died, the pilot of Foxy dead-sticked the airplane into a field and escaped unscathed.

The Plane is now in a Museum in Speyer, Germany; awaiting restoration. Here are some pictures

As far as USA Jet goes, well I got myself a second job and hope for the best. What else can you do with 13 days off... ;)

Ladies and Gentleman welcome to tonights fight! It will consist of five rounds each round scored seperately. Lets meet tonights judges; From the USA Jet line up we have asipilot and atpcliff; From Ameristar we have RedBelly and GotnoTime. Lets meet tonights refree from the land of YIP we have pilotyip with over 1900 post. Fighting from the Red, Blue, White, and Gray corner standing 5feet 9 inches and weighing in at 300 pounds we have clansinclair....and in the other corner fighting under the colors of the red, white, and blue standing 6 foot 3 inches 285 pounds is T-Rex. Tonights announcer will be your truely Freight Dawg (woof, woof, woof). Tonights fight is brought to you courtsey of the big three and the UAW. Gentleman step the center of the ring, we wanna see a nice clean flight no shots below the belt and do not fight the way you fly. Shake hands....Lets Get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if!

OK, I concede. I'm real tired of this already.

Those of you who think Ameristar's the greatest company in the industry, please go work for them. That goes for any of you who work at USA Jet as well.

Personally, I don't and won't. I'm entitled to my opinion. I stand by what I've said. Those who don't agree, you're entitled to your opinion.

To all the Ameristar pilots, good on ya! I'm happy for you that you have a job, and can provide for yourselves. Good luck to you, fly safe, and try and enjoy your lives.

Hey atpcliff. That is a cool avitar. I havent seen one of those in years. I knew that plane as the 'Shlep'. My dad used to fly one of these for the Planes of Fame Museum in Minnesota. I think that was his favorite plane to fly. At airshows he would put it in reverse and back it up. That was a real crowd pleaser as most people didn't know a prop driven airplane could do that. Last I heard, Bob Pond sold it to a dealer in IL. My dad flew it there and as far as I know it has sat unsold for many years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back