USA JET looses NNSA Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Porky

That's to bad, the government must have figured out that migro-management is not the way to go. Oh well, they still have the MD80 pipe dream in work. Spending money once again, I remember the last time they bought an airplane.... layoff.... hope things turn out better this time.

I was one of the people laid off in 2008, and I am here to tell you, LET IT GO! Your celebration of the failures at USA Jet are disturbing, and your ability to stay interested in such things is even more bothersome. You seem to forget that often times people that had nothing to do with the failure are negatively impacted by it. It is an individuals choice to work at any company, and you should be pulling for the company to succeed as a whole, because that is going to have a positive impact on that persons life. It is supplemental 121, you have to take the good with the bad. I did plenty of bad mouthing of my ex employer when I got laid off, and you know where it got me, no where. I was smart enough to move on after some time, and get back to having a positive outlook on life, and once I did I was hired at a company that is a step up from where I was. No one wants to be around a cry baby all day, and lets face it, people are likely to vote with their feet when the time is right for them. Are layoffs unfortunate, you bet, but you seem to be sitting around hoping for one to happen, that is truly sick.

Truth be told JUS has been the launching ground for many great careers. You roll the dice taking the job, but it doesn't even begin to hold a candle to some of the other options, like unemployment, and regional hell. Cheer up, move on, and good luck.

Last edited:
How do you like that 75?

How do you like that 75?

I don't know yet, but I am excited to find out soon. :)

I want to follow up the above post with letting it be known that I do know that JUS has some issues, but there are far worse jobs out there, that pay far less, that are much more unstable, that are far more difficult to get hired at, in and out of this career. Several people have made JUS home for a long time, several have used it as a stepping stone onto better things, while for others it was the last flying job they ever had. Timing is everything! That is life, make the most of it, it is short.

Getting laid off sucks, especially without recall rights, but there is no union at JUS, and no one has ever claimed that there was. It is truly ran in a way that best serves the company. When they give more days off to the employees it is because they know if they do not they would not be able to staff. If they take days away, they know they can do so because it is a employer friendly job market and they can get more productivity out of their employees and still be able to staff the trips. That is called a free market, and that is how it works in the Good Ol' US of A. I hated being on the receiving end of the down economy in 2008, and I hated how I did not get any notice that I was losing my job, but there comes a time that you just let it go, take your toys with you, and go play somewhere else. If you want to meet a miserable person, all you have to do it find someone that looks back at what could have been all the time, instead of looking at ways to make the now and future as bright as possible.

YIP, to steal a quote you love, "I am dealing with reality, and this is a pilot board, I should know better." That is why I frequent a place where pilots help pilots.

I thought you were part of the cool kids club porky, what happened?

I don't know yet, but I am excited to find out soon. :)

I want to follow up the above post with letting it be known that I do know that JUS has some issues, but there are far worse jobs out there, that pay far less, that are much more unstable, that are far more difficult to get hired at, in and out of this career. Several people have made JUS home for a long time, several have used it as a stepping stone onto better things, while for others it was the last flying job they ever had. Timing is everything! That is life, make the most of it, it is short.

Getting laid off sucks, especially without recall rights, but there is no union at JUS, and no one has ever claimed that there was. It is truly ran in a way that best serves the company. When they give more days off to the employees it is because they know if they do not they would not be able to staff. If they take days away, they know they can do so because it is a employer friendly job market and they can get more productivity out of their employees and still be able to staff the trips. That is called a free market, and that is how it works in the Good Ol' US of A. I hated being on the receiving end of the down economy in 2008, and I hated how I did not get any notice that I was losing my job, but there comes a time that you just let it go, take your toys with you, and go play somewhere else. If you want to meet a miserable person, all you have to do it find someone that looks back at what could have been all the time, instead of looking at ways to make the now and future as bright as possible.

YIP, to steal a quote you love, "I am dealing with reality, and this is a pilot board, I should know better." That is why I frequent a place where pilots help pilots.

I let go along time ago broke, just like to comment on things sometimes. Best thing that ever happened to me was leaving USA JET. Old, ratty, out dated planes, military style management, and two faced people, ya don't miss that at all. Just like to see who is still looking.:)

USA JET looses NNSA Contract

They should really tighten up that contract, otherwise they might LOSE it!

:rolleyes:

I let go along time ago broke, just like to comment on things sometimes. Best thing that ever happened to me was leaving USA JET. Old, ratty, out dated planes, military style management, and two faced people, ya don't miss that at all. Just like to see who is still looking.:)

Glad to hear it! Pretty much everyone I know that was either let go or quit is much happier now! It is good to hear another success story! The people I worked with at JUS were some of the hardest working and sleep deprived people I have ever met. (On demand freight has to be one of the most thankless jobs out there, no matter who you work for, or what position your in at the company) I wish success for all of them, yourself included. I am sure the current employees at JUS are no different in being hard workers that get the job done. Without my time at JUS I would not be where I am now, and I think several people can claim the same.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back