• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet IS a lost Cause

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I challenged our pilots to give me a name of one of our pilots who tried to get on a Kalitta and was turned down. No one has said anything yet.
-pilotyip

and that was the stupidist, most assignine request ever! what did you think someone would do in a room full of management, scratch that, the entire management team. "ah yes i went over to big kalitta and gave them my resume (management mentally notes this pilot who will never get promotions or advancement due to his disloyalty) and he looked at my resume until he got to usaj. then he made some b.s. about more time and to apply again later. when my friend went in to follow up he said in so many words they are not hiring from across the field to be a good neighbor and they don't want to miss trips from active aero." said the pilot.

what the heck do you think would happen to him. he puts it all out on the line in front of mgt with absolutely NO protections in place. you are drinking the koolaid, no pounding the koolaid, if you thought seriously someone would come forward and speak the truth in that atmosphere. the meeting was because their is no trust, no accountability, declining pay, losing bennies with no management response, with no end in sight. and might i add no end or goal/benchmark provided. only excuses to why they didn't go skin the ranks to the bare needed to keep the projected fleet flying. maybe paying unemployment was not a whole lot cheeper, ah thats a better answer.

you want answers, ask on here the anonymous forum, how many applied and even got a response for an interview? answer, my predidction: about 15 sent stuff and went over there, interviews granted: about 2, 1 was even hired.

We use our industry contacts to help pilots gets interviews at places they might like to work.
if this is true please admit that you have no clue what is going on or when pay will return and announce that you have another new title, that part won't be surprising, head of other airline recruitment. pass out surveys of where everyone on the property wants to work and start making phone calls. start arranging sponsors at fedex, ups, southwest. thew pilots will enjoy that.

I know of four first year DA-20 F/O's who will be getting pay raises next month when they move into the DC-9.
My math may be bad, but me thinks that the fo who goes to the 9 will not even make what he was making before the paycut on the da20. ok i just confirmed my math old da20fo pay 2800/mo new 9 fo pay 2570/mo. umm yeah a pay raise

pilotyip said:
Hab guy, there is no evidence, other than rumor, that there is a barrier at Kalitta big. I challenged our pilots to give me a name of one of our pilots who tried to get on a Kalitta and was turned down. No one has said anything yet.
Funny, you never asked me. And I know who is trying - of course I wouldn't say. You might be surprised at the people who call me - hint, it's not just the new-hire in the DA-20.

As for evidence - I suppose I could post the email from March that I got from our mgmt regarding hiring USA Jet guys... Of course, at JUS there wouldn't be any evidence.

iaflyer

Last edited:
No holding anyone back

USA Jet has never stopped anyone from going anywhere if that is what he or she wants to do. Look we even got rid of our Training Contract two years ago, so they are free to leave 2 months after getting hired, guy a pilot did in June. We wished him luck, and said if things do not work out give us a call you can come back as a DA-20 F/O if we are hiring. We have no non-compete agreement; we have never had pilot go to another non-sked, voluntarily. If someone comes to me and says do you know anyone at XYZ and they want to try to get an interview, I will do what I can. Now obviously I do not have inside stuff at FedEx, UPS, SWA, etc. We have guy leaving next week going to a major; there are no hard feelings about his leaving. We were glad he was here and he did a great job for us.

Last edited:
pilotyip said:
We have guy leaving next week going to a major; there are no hard feelings about his leaving. We were glad he was here and he did a great job for us.

I hear he was recalled. Don't tell me you're trying to take credit for this.

My Impression is you're trying to sell a non-existent strategy or business plan. Someone said that JUS Mgmt has no goal/benchmark for returning pay to normal. How did they figure to cut pay in the first place? How about using that for returning pay? At least it would be something?

Someone said he can't afford to stay nor to quit. I can see that. It's hard to have enough seniority to hold a decent line and salary and then: Boom, gone. But you can't quit because you have to start all over somewhere else and that salary isn't just going to pay the bills. Been there done that. But at least my company at the time had the decency to tell me the cold hard thruth so I could make a decision.

JUS Mgmt. seems to be just waiting for some miracle to happen. Don't these guys have some businessplan? Or are they just poking in the fog?

This whole situation is just not right. I hope you guys find decent jobs elsewhere. Nobody needs to be treated like that.

Howe, not taking credit for anything, you are reading too much into a statement of fact. There is a bench mark for returning pay, but I do not know what that is, and I affraid mgmt does not want to make a promise that so and so will happen at this or that point and then not be able carry through at that time. We are getting busy and there are encouraging signs on the horizon. I remain as always optimistic. As far and mgmt in the fog, not true. 5 years ago automotive was nearly 100% of our business, the company now has another bunch of customers who are non-automotive, automotive as a % of our total business has dropped greatly, plus our growing passenger business will soon make up nearly 30% of our DC-9 flying. There are a lot of good things in the future. Our long-term pilot ranks are solid; pilots who have been here 8 or more years are not going anywhere.

pilotyip said:
Howe, not taking credit for anything, you are reading too much into a statement of fact. There is a bench mark for returning pay, but I do not know what that is, and I affraid mgmt does not want to make a promise that so and so will happen at this or that point and then not be able carry through at that time. We are getting busy and there are encouraging signs on the horizon. I remain as always optimistic. As far and mgmt in the fog, not true. 5 years ago automotive was nearly 100% of our business, the company now has another bunch of customers who are non-automotive, automotive as a % of our total business has dropped greatly, plus our growing passenger business will soon make up nearly 30% of our DC-9 flying. There are a lot of good things in the future. Our long-term pilot ranks are solid; pilots who have been here 8 or more years are not going anywhere.

"pilots who have been here 8 or more years are not going anywhere".

READ: "CANT GO ANYWHERE".

Don't vs can't

Good to hear from Vortex, your input is always insightful. But you should read that as don’t want to go anywhere . I would be surprised if 3 in the top half of our seniority list went anywhere in the next year. On the botom half that is another story, this still a great training ground for your next job. I beleive we have a lot our younger and newer pilots that are potential major airline pilots in the future. They are taleneted, pleasant to be around, and quick learners. We are thankful they work for us and we wish them the best when they move on after getting their 1000 hrs of 121 TJ PIC.

Last edited:
The current situation is not looking very promising, I have taken a 24.5% pay cut. If manning on the falcon goes out of balance then you all will shift Falcon captians to the right seat. If they don't keep their pay then they will have taken an over all 51% pay cut...is going to happen or not happen. If I am lucky I won't, but what about the guys that do? I can't wait to come back and see the DVD....of course if they edit Brian out then F&*% it I won't waste my time.

Buckeye I am detecting negative vibes. This is temporary and have to believe so the force will be with you. The company in spotty employment history has never taken away a Captain's seat pay during layoff. Just about the time you were hired we had 24 DC-9 Captains and 10 F/O's. No one ever lost seat pay. Now to get the same savings we got with the cutback in guarantee by laying off and moving seats, 28 pilot would gone on the street back to the fall of 2001 hire dates in the DC-9 and December of 2004 in the DA-20. 10 Captains would have been bumped back to F/O. Go see Fred he will show you the plan B.

Thanks

Thanks for the tips Digital hopefully this will remove some of the rumored barrier that exisits between the two companies. BTW on pay, we had one DC-9 Capt pull in over $11K last month, plus we had some who also made as you say. It is the airline business you rolls the dice and look at the numbers

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back