• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet IS a lost Cause

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Business is bad, when business gets better the temporary cut back will be fixed. We are increasing our DC-9 staffing due to the addtion of another passenger DC-9, and to fill expected turnover.

"when business gets better"-PilotYip

I think I was looking for that to be defined yesterday, some sort of transparent benchmark or goal we all could see and work toward.

I also went to the meeting for them to gives us a report card and info on the health and future of USA Jet, in the end I hope our questions informed them more than they informed us.

Last edited:
As I understand the DC-9, they are adding a pax bird, but are using the engines off of one of the Cargo -30 birds to power it.

We did the same thing when we purchased our DC-9-10 191US (301ME) from Midwest Express, makes the new airplane a good deal.

No manning projections are based upon flight crew hours available per month, as long as you do not approach the airframe flying limit per month your ability to generate trips is predicated upon crews available. Since we are not approaching the limit of airframe flying on the cargo birds, it will not effect the needed crewmembers to operate cargo airplanes. However, the additional of another dedicated passenger bird will require another three crews to be available just to cover the passenger birds, i.e. more manning for the pax birds and an actual reduction in the crews available to fly cargo

go to jsfirm.com and look for our ad when we start interviewing and hiring again, probably sometime next year.

Latest resources

Back